Fantasy Review

RousterBlues

Just got back from a 4 day trip to Cozumel. All in all it was very fun and well worth the money.

Embarkation took about an hour. Not really too bad and about what I expected. Everyone seemed friendly and helpful.

The ship was nice, but you could tell it had some age. Still there were usually people painting and working on it each day. This was our first cruise so I don't have anything to compare it to. Still it was a little more worn than I expected, but was nice enough for me.

The service was great. My steward kept my case of beer and drinks, iced up and cold. Our wait staff at diner was very nice and friendly and brought us anything we wanted from the menu.

Any other staff employee that we came across was also very nice. I preordered drink cards and when we used them around the pool, they never charged us for the overage. But, when using them at the clubs they did. No big deal either way.

I didn't tip the Maitre D', as I never saw him at any point but the last night. But, I did give nice tips to both our waiter and the guy that helped him as both went above and beyond what I expected. The food itself was good, but nothing great (about like local restraunts to me). The lobster was hit and miss (since I ate like 4 tails). Also had Snapper 1 night and was decent. Pizza was very good at the Pizzaria. I also thought the sandwiches (especially the Pastramie on Rye) was very good. The buffet food was alright, nothing great.

I also gave a nice tip to the Cabin Steward, along with the Pre-paid gratuities.

Cozumel was very nice. We went on the 3-reef snorkle thru Carnival. The guides did an excellent job and we saw a good bit of Fish. The lunch that was served, sucked. But, I didn't go to eat. The water and weather were beautiful and it was worth what we paid, to me. Other than that, I went back to the ship and my wife went shopping at the pier.

Didn't really hit any of the shows except the newly wed game and that was very funny. The Karoke Bar was pretty fun and most of the other clubs we went to at night were also fun.

Dembarkation also was pretty good. We carried our own luggage (which was the way to go Thanks CC members for that tip). All told we waited about 1 hour but most of that was in the lobby until things got rolling. Once we got moving, it was a breeze.

It was definately worth the trip. It was very relaxing. You could go as much/little as you wanted. I would recommend it to anyone who hasn't been on a cruise. For the price, it was great. Again, thanks for all the tips CC guys/gals. They helped a ton.

I'm glad you had a good cruise! We will be on her in September and we can't wait. I see you had beer in your room, would you tell me how you got it on board? I'm only asking because I like Smirnoff Ice and have been told it's not available on board! TIA!!!

Cajun Gal, hopefully your not in Hunt's :-). JJK. Seriously, I live in St Amant so I figured I'd mess with you.

On the 4 night cruise, Formal night is on the 2nd night. For the most part, I'd say 90-95% were pretty formal. Still I saw some blue jeans, but don't recall shorts on that night. Every other night there was everything from shorts to suits.

As for the beer, just simply smuggled it on (Yes, I'm one of those people). Mainly, because I liked to relax and drink 4-6 beers during the 2 hours it takes for my wife and DD to get ready each night. I bought 2-12 packs of non-alc cans. I opened one end, refilled with Bud Light then glued back together. Put both in a collapsible ice chest along with a few waters and put a tie wrap on the zipper. Made it to my room and was never opened. Gave Juan $5 bucks the first night and it stayed full of ice until I emptied it.

Mainly, just don't stress, sit back relax and have a blast. Also, go read all the packing tips alot of things on the CC boards were very helpful.

The room was nice. It was 4 of us so we had 2 drop down bunks. It was nice and actually roomier than I expected. The bed was very comfortable. They came and cleaned it twice a day.

Were you able to store luggage under the bed or did the bed go to the floor?

Archived