Major Tom or Yhonni

jasutrick

I have been lucky enough to visit Belize twice now. Once for my honeymoon, and once with my whole family. I simply love it. I love the genuine friendliness of the locals and the afford ability cant be beat.

I have tried both the Yhonni .com guys and Major Tom and it was no contest - Major Tom provided a far better tour where the whole family had fun and felt safe.

When we went for our honeymoon we went with the .com guys simply because we didn't plan well and their advertisement was the first one we saw. Heading with them to the caves, the bus driver was driving way too aggressively and it made us uncomfortable. Not the best way to start the day.

When we got to the site, which is unbelievably beautiful, we all had to lock legs under arms to keep us together during most of the tour. While we were floating along, instead of educating us about the caves the guides just whooped and hollered like we were partying in Vegas or something. It just really wasn't the experience we were looking for.

After saving for a couple years and doing a little more research we thought that we'd take our girls and give Major Tom's tour a try. What a difference! He kept our group organized but we were allowed to float at our own pace, and we also learned a lot about the rain forest and the caves. Most importantly, we felt very comfortable and safe with our girls around him. He really does an outstanding job.

Anyhoo, sorry to be so long-winded. I just wanted to share what a great time we had with Major Tom. Have fun!!

Archived