Princess Wedding Headache

I was going to get married through Princess Cruises On St. Thomas. When I asked which beach they said they could do Magens Bay. I booked, paid in full, and when I called to ask what time and place the ceremony would be they said they couldnt say until sixty days ahead of time... Those are very major details! How can I even make invitations!? They also said I probably wouldnt be married at Magens Bay, it depended on "availabilty" (availibilty of a public beach?!). I had a "wedding coordinator" there admit they do most of the weddings at Bolongo Bay. Bolongo Bay is by the airport .. it is not the nicest beach by far. In wedding photos the bride and groom are standing by rocks with ugly seaweed all over the beach... The sand there is brown and rocky because I was told it washes away every few years and they have to import it! When I told Princess this was no my idea of a carribean wedding they said they would have a supervisor call me back in a few hours... that was thursday.. .they called my back today, tuesday, and said they can do Magens Bay. I really dont believe this because they can make any changes they want at anytime, and I dont feel comfortable anymore. At this point I have already put a deposit with Weddings the Island Way and feel so much better about it, they seem wonderful. I am losing $395 by cancelling with Princess, but I feel so much better. Princess treated me like I was a bridezilla for wanting to know when and where my wedding would be! lol..

You are so lucky to get out now! My wedding ended up beautiful, but if I could change one thing it would be RR/TWE!! The month before my wedding they told me my wedding would be "symbolic" (fake) because they had made a mistake and the vital stats would not be open when we were there. Umm, I did not pay 2500 for a stupid FAKE wedding!!! That sucks about the $ but in the long run it will be worth it!!!! Be happy that you are getting out with out being totally stressed!!! Good luck!:)

Tara...

You may be able to get more $ back.

TWE's cancellation policy is $150 plus the cost of the marriage licence. I see your wedding isn't until next year. Have you sent them the paper work for your licence? If you haven't there is no way for them to have processed it and therefore you should get that money back as well.

If you have, most places won't issue a licence until 60-90 days prior to the wedding. So you might be able to argue that.

Just an idea...

Good luck!

Archived