Best way to book a cruise

It all depends on you. Many people on CC prefer to book on their own. If you have never cruised or never booked on your own before, you might be better with a TA. It's a personal choice. I have a TA and would never book a cruise without out, but again, that's my opinion. I have noticed though that when people have problems with their TA's, it seems like they are using somebody out of town. My TA is local and I would always suggest going with a local TA.

If you are someone who likes to do the research for your trip, then you are better off booking your own directly through the cruiseline... you can then control your own reservation and take advantage of price breaks that may come along after you have booked. Sometimes a TA is not willing to get you a price drop that you could receive on your own...

Ask yourself how involved in the planning you want to be... If you just want to sign the check, then use a TA to do the leg work and make sure it is someone you can work with..

If you enjoy the planning or if someone you are travelling with enjoys that aspect, book yourself and plan to check for price reductions... then all you have to do is call and ask for the credit.

Depends. How's that for a wishy washy answer? If you find a good TA, you've struck gold. Love them, feed them, cherish them. It's easier to find a quality man.

If you're a research mavin and a control freak (wait, I resemble that remark), then do it yourself.

I would recommend booking it directly through RCCL if you do not have a TA that you can trust (I have heard storys about TA's that withold price drops or upgrades). My experience with TA's have not been good and I just recently booked a cruise by calling RCCL's 1-800 number, the person that I spoke with was very helpful and made things very easy. Again it all depends on the TA, they can have benefits of their own too. But if it were up to me, I would just call RCCL directly. Hope this helps! :)

Archived