Ncl Sun/how Many Non Paying Eateries?

shanicans

My husband and I have never cruised the NCL before. Not sure about this Freestyle. I know that we don't want to pay for our food when there are other restaurants for free. How many "Free" restaurants are there? What are the prices of those others?

My husband and I have never cruised the NCL before. Not sure about this Freestyle. I know that we don't want to pay for our food when there are other restaurants for free. How many "Free" restaurants are there? What are the prices of those others?

All the Sun's public rooms http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/fleet/publicRooms.html?shipCode=SUN

If the descriptions of the restaurant says exceptional value then it has a cost - usually around $15/person. I think the sushi costs too.

"Free" restaurants:

Main Dining Rooms - Four Seasons and Seven Seas

Buffet - Garden Cafe and Great Outdoor Cafe (inside and outside - two separate Buffet areas - generally the outside is less busy)

Pacific Heights - Healthy, simple type meals - Spaghetti, meatloaf etc - small - so you must make reservations for dinner

Las Ramblas Tapas Bar - appetizer/snacky type things - make an effort to go there at least one night before dinner - we regreted that we only went there on our 2nd last night

It is quite possible to get good meals only dining at the 'free' restaurants - we did this on our first Sun cruise (2nd NCL cruise). We ate dinner mainly in the two dining rooms, tried Pacific Heights one night when my husband just wanted spaghetti (the meatloaf was better than I expected it would be and he thought his pasta was fine).

Pay Extra restaurants: Reservations are required

le Bistro and Il Adaggio and the one other whose name escapes me. We have eaten at Le Bistro (before the menu changed) and Il Adaggio. I recommend trying one of them. Personally I preferred Il Adaggio and my husband preferred Le Bistro.

Here's a list of the restaurants aboard the Norwegian Sun:

Four Seasons Main Restaurant (Main Dining Room)

Cuisine: Continental

Surcharge: No

Reservations Required: No

Seven Seas Main Restaurant (Main Dining Room)

Cuisine: Continental

Pacific Heights

Cuisine: Light/Healthy Cuisine

Reservations Required: Yes

East Meets West

Cuisine: Steaks

Surcharge: Yes, $15 per person

Ginza Restaurant

Cuisine: Asian (Sushi, Sashimi, Teppanyaki)

Surcharge: Yes, $12.50 per person

Le Bistro French Restaurant

Cuisine: French

Surcharge: Yes, $15 per person

Las Ramblas Tapas Bar & Restaurant

Cuisine: Mexican, Tex-Mex Tapas Bar

Garden Café/Great Outdoor

Cuisine: Informal Outdoor Dining. Breakfast, Lunch, and Snacks

Il Adagio

Cuisine: Italian

Surcharge: Yes, $12.50 per person

Surcharged prices may have changed, and there's always the possibility they might have a 50% off opportunities.

I just returned on the Sun Sunday, and my friend and I loved the food at all of the free restaurants, and payed once in the steakhouse (after 8:30 it is 50% off) but we found the food was not any better than any of the other free restaurants. You can also get snacks all night at the sports bar, wings, fish and chips, soup and salad...we picked up snacks here a lot.

Archived