Matr'd Stripe on the Miracle/Retiring?

dale594

Hi, I have heard wonderful things about him and we are sailing the Miracle July 22 - 30. Do you know if he will still be on the ship then? When is he retiring? Thank you! Dale

Hello how are you, yes its true hes retiring in July, but I'm not sure when in July, he might me gone by the time you go. He's the original Matr'd for the Miracle since she came into serivce in 2004. He's been with CCL 17 years. He's one of the nicest guys a person will ever meet, I took a few pictures with him and my gf. He's so nice and friendly and personal towards the guests, I wish he would be there in Jan but he will not be..... :(

Hi, I have heard wonderful things about him and we are sailing the Miracle July 22 - 30. Do you know if he will still be on the ship then? When is he retiring? Thank you! Dale

What wonderfull things are you talking about?

I think he is a jerk. We had an issue with a large group of deaf people.

I have been on the ship two times and never seen him til the last night on the second cruise....You know,when they pass out the envelopes for tips!I handed each person that took care of me $20.00 a piece and pre paid tips!NOT THE MATR'D!!!!!!!!!He should have at least made it a point to come and greet us!

P.s.we also seen people in shorts and t-shirts in there!This is just me though.The ship is awsome and very fun!EAT AT NICK AND NORAS---ITS GREAT!!!

I really enjoyed Maitre D' Stipe on our Miracle cruise. In fact, his birthday was during our cruise so we all sang Happy Birthday to him at dinner that night. He was kind of an entertaining chap, and was always friendly when we entered the dining room for dinner.

Sue - were you on the lower level or the upper level of the dining room. We were on the upper level and never saw him. I do remember his birthday tho. There was an assistant who was normally upstairs and Dave thought he was Stipe so on the way out the night of his birthday, Dave wished him a happy birthday. The guy just said thanks and then Eric told Dave he had the wrong guy. :rolleyes:

Sue - were you on the lower level or the upper level of the dining room. We were on the upper level and never saw him. I do remember his birthday tho. There was an assistant who was normally upstairs and Dave thought he was Stipe so on the way out the night of his birthday, Dave wished him a happy birthday. The guy just said thanks and then Eric told Dave he had the wrong guy. :rolleyes:

LOL! We were on the lower level, so we actually saw him each night. In fact, one night he kind of wandered around the room talking into his microphone and he came to our table for just a brief second. We were in the middle of the room, pretty close to the doors.

I remember on our Pride cruise, we were on the upper level and we couldn't hear or see the Maitre D' very well at all. I liked the lower level better.

We always received a warm greeting from Stipe and he stopped by our table every night to see if we needed anything. In fact, the first night we were in the dining room we were very late arriving and some crew members were seated at our table. He re-assigned our seating for the night and all drinks that night were on him for our "inconvenience"!!! (It wasn't their fault we were late to dinner so I felt we received something that we didn't really deserve! :D

100_0699.jpg

We just got off the Miracle and were sitting towards the front of the dining room and he never came over to our table once. I actually only saw him go over to maybe 2 tables the whole week. I didn't think he was so great.

Like everything else, everyone has different opinions. We are just off the ship and found Stipe to be fine. We were seated right in the middle of lower level for second seating. He had a warm greeting for us every evening when we entered the dining room. He came to our table 2 or 3 times during the week. We also saw him at lunch at the buffet several times and each time he came to our table and had a brief converstaion with us. We had ordered an anniversay cake for the 6th night of the cruise. When we saw him at the buffet two days before I asked him to confirm that the cake would be delivered as planned. He did that. We did give him a small tip at the end of the cruise.

Stipe was probably one of the best Maitre D's we have ever had. Although we had a party of 4 he came by our table every night.

You might not be aware but on most ships, the ass't maitre de's are assigned to the upper level and should make a point to come by your table at different times throughout the cruise. At one point we saw him entering a tender on a port day and he even waited until the next tender so he could stay and chat and discuss how our day had been. That meant more to us than anything as their "personal" time is so limited and he choose to spend 30 minutes of it with us. That is what makes Carnival a great lines, it's people.....

Archived