Do you really understand the Guest Conduct Policy aka 'The RULES'?

Or both! :eek: And only 15 min potty breaks! 1/2 hours goes to only those who don't hog...LOL

I want the full time job as chair hog enforcer! Which ship should I work on first? :D

I want the full time job as chair hog enforcer! Which ship should I work on first? :D

Mariner! On it's reposistioning cruise with all the CC members! :D

Then eveyone has to behave or they are reported. :eek: :p :eek:

Why is it people feel they are not required to follow the policies or rules? It really is the minority of people that don't and that minority makes everything more difficult for the rest of us who do!

Wonder why RCI comes down hard on people who want to bring their own alcohol with them on-board? Well, if I owned a cruise line and the majority of the people who got hurt, injured, or died because they consumed too much alcohol because a bar tender didn't cut them off if they only drank from the bar, I'd make the same policies too!

Realize I am not saying all people who bring alcohol on-board get '****-faced', but unfortunately it's the small minority of those that do and cause the problems.

I don’t think the alcohol policy has anything to do with safety. It is about the bottom line and the cruise lines makes lots of money selling drinks.

It is the same thing with irons in the cabins. The cruise line sells a service for pressing clothing so they make policy leading you to believe that it is for your safety yet they allow people to light up in their cabins. HMMMM….an open flame is not a fire hazard?

My theory here is that RCCL enforces the rules that affect their bottom line.

Why is it people feel they are not required to follow the policies or rules?
Probably because in most cases they aren't. Other than ones related to health/safety, RCI doesn't require people to follow many of their policies.

I don't give a rats patoot what rules people break that do not harm my health, happiness and safety. Just treat others as you would like to be treated. Seems like a simple concept to me.

Exactly!! Life is too short to be obsess over whether someone is having a drink in their room or not wearing what you feel they should be wearing to add to the atmosphere of the dining room. I can understand getting upset that affects you directly like diapers in a pool or chair saving.

Enjoy you family or friends that you are traveling with. Enjoy the pampering that comes with a cruise. I'm having too good of a time to worry about what someone else is wearing or if they're drinking their own alcohol.

I should clarify that I think tank tops on men and hats on men, in the dining room (okay hats in the dining room in general) are a no-no and I can't stand the sight of them. Just follow the rules. That said, I would treat people the same, even if they had a dreaded hat on. I might privatly think your parents should have taught you better, and I might say I saw it and was bugged by it, but I wouldn't change the way I acted to you. I also would say, "I saw some hats in the dining room" not, "So and so from CC had on a god-awful ripped up shirt and hat."

If we became friends, I would make an aside comment, at some point, but only if we were close enough to be dead honest.

If you've got tp on your shoe, I will quietly tell you. I also tuck strangers tags in. I know, deplorable, but I'm one of those mommy types. I do draw the line at spitting on a napkin and wiping chins, but just barely.

Nliedel, you do know that hats are allowed in the dinning room; just not caps. ;)

Seriously, the only thing that has ever taken away from my enjoyment of a cruise was in 2003 on AOS. Some idiot was smoking a cigar out on the balcony and it blew onto mine every single night. I didn’t complain because I knew that person paid for their balcony just like I paid for mine. And of course, it is not against the rules. :rolleyes:

Had I have known while on that cruise that the idiot was my son and I paid for that balcony I would have raised H3LL! :eek:

Other than that, life is good on a cruise!

I'm not an experienced cruiser so I'm not exactly sure what a chair hog is. I understand that putting teddy bears on chairs before 5:00 am is definitely being a chair hog. HA I wouldn't 'move in' to a chair until I was ready to stay there for a while. I guess my question is, when you leave your chair, for whatever reason, is it OK to leave your things there? How long can a person be away from the chair before it should be up for grabs? Thanks for any feed back. I don't want to be a chair hog!;)

I would think that 15 -20 minutes would give you plenty of time for a pit stop. My fear is that if I’m in the pool someone will take my stuff! I think I’ll make some signs that say “In the Pool” just to be safe.

Then I’ll go to the dinning room……..just kidding. :D

Nliedel, you do know that hats are allowed in the dinning room; just not caps. ;)

Seriously, the only thing that has ever taken away from my enjoyment of a cruise was in 2003 on AOS. Some idiot was smoking a cigar out on the balcony and it blew onto mine every single night. I didn’t complain because I knew that person paid for their balcony just like I paid for mine. And of course, it is not against the rules. :rolleyes:

Had I have known while on that cruise that the idiot was my son and I paid for that balcony I would have raised H3LL! :eek:

Other than that, life is good on a cruise!

why are they an idiot b/c they want to enjoy a cigar on their porch? and what's the big deal if you are outside? the air is so free flowing and fresh outdoors that the smoke does not envelop you as if you were inside....if people are outside smoking, leave it alone, who cares? I'm not trying to start an argument i just don't think someone choosing to enjoy a smoke on their porch merits them being called an "idiot"

why are they an idiot b/c they want to enjoy a cigar on their porch? and what's the big deal if you are outside? the air is so free flowing and fresh outdoors that the smoke does not envelop you as if you were inside....if people are outside smoking, leave it alone, who cares? I'm not trying to start an argument i just don't think someone choosing to enjoy a smoke on their porch merits them being called an "idiot"

I have to agree with you there.

There is absolutely NO Rule saying you can not smoke in your cabin or on your balcony. You may not like them doing it, you may think the cigar stinks, but the guy with the cigar is doing nothing wrong.

If the guy is smoking in a designated non smoking area then yea, hes an idiot and should be told to stop.

i really don't think it technically bothers people, if u smell smoke outside it's very momentarily, and the fresh air filters it out....like at a ball game, if u smell smoke it's not enveloping u, you're outdoors! i just think there is a general bias towards smokers these days..they are painted as outcasts, when really they r just adults enjoying something they are allowed to do...they are outlawing smoking in bars in february in my county...how ridiculous is that? u can't smoke in a BAR??? smoking and drinking go hand in hand...what's next, u cant have peanut butter with your jelly? a hot dog at the ball park?

Sorry to disagree - but I have a balcony to sit quietly and enjoy the fresh sea air etc.

Whilst it is not against the rules (at present), it is just common courtesy with so many balconies and passengers, that no-one does anything which may disturb anyone else. Beside smoking, there is noise disturbance, throwing things over balconies etc. If we all did just whatever suits us with no regard for others, our lives would be most unpleasant. It really should not be necessary to implement rules about behaviour which may disturb others!!

Sorry to disagree - but I have a balcony to sit quietly and enjoy the fresh sea air etc.

Whilst it is not against the rules (at present), it is just common courtesy with so many balconies and passengers, that no-one does anything which may disturb anyone else. Beside smoking, there is noise disturbance, throwing things over balconies etc. If we all did just whatever suits us with no regard for others, our lives would be most unpleasant. It really should not be necessary to implement rules about behaviour which may disturb others!!

I am not a smoker but I disagree with you - an occasional cigarette or cigar on the balcony should not be considered discourteous as it is allowed and you know before you go this is a possibility. Constant chain smoking when your neighbors are outside, maybe, especially if you happen to note that they do not smoke. The other things you mentioned are against the ship's code of conduct - smoking is not.

smoke is not bad when you're outside, you're not breathing it in like if you were indoors.....it's literally a momentary wiff.....people smoked for years everywhere, now all of a sudden it's 2007 and everyone is offended by it

I think she should be able to call her own son an idiot if she wants to. :D

I would think that 15 -20 minutes would give you plenty of time for a pit stop. My fear is that if I’m in the pool someone will take my stuff! I think I’ll make some signs that say “In the Pool” just to be safe.

Then I’ll go to the dinning room……..just kidding. :D

In all seriousness, I thought about making a laminated sign that says "In The Pool" so that I wouldn't be mistaken for a chair hog.

But teddy bears? :confused:

LOL that's what I thought too :D

I’m in complete agreement; I’ll call my son an idiot any time I want. If it hadn’t been my kid, I would have chosen a less inflammatory term. :p

Now, if you go back and read my post I said I did not complain, nor would I ever complain, about smoking on the balcony because it is allowed. I’d just do what I did all week and go back into my cabin until the smoker finished smoking.

Now to the pool; I think I will make up a few pool signs for this trip and see if it works. :D

Archived