Eeks! Online class and cruise...

I also have an online summer class. I'm planning to finish all the work due during my cruise before I leave (3 more days!). I don't know about your class, but all my work is on Blackboard already.

I know it doesn't sound like much fun but I'd rather finish it before I leave!

Nothing is on the blackboard site until 8am the day the class starts. My plane leaves 6am in the morning so that won't work. I currently am in an oline course too so yea the way it's set up is the same for all semesters at my school. I'm just going to take my laptop. Thanks everyone.

Let your prof know what is happening. I've had students take vacations in past Summer classes and I normally have the sessions locked into a calendar, however I have been known (for those that think ahead and have the courage to ask) to make a PDF of the material and send it to the student early so that they can stay with the class. I can't give them attendance credit for that session, but I am happy to work with them on deadlines and due dates.

Regardless, enjoy your cruise. You got the rest of your life to work. ;-)

-D

I had a similar issue when I went on my cruise this past April. I just turned in my assignments for that week early so that I could fully enjoy my cruise and not worry about doing school work on my much anticipated vacation. I also spoke to the instructor prior to the class starting and he was pretty much okay with me turning it in early rather than later.

Archived