Jalousie Beach, St. Lucia

CruisinCoach

Does anybody now if there is any good snorkling from this beach? There appears to be a few dive spots just offshore. We will be on an excursion and only have about an hour or so, but if there's decent beach snorkling, then I'll bring my gear.

Last Sept I did Cosul's tour and we stopped there for one hour. I brought my snorkel gear as did others and the snorkeling was decent. I would definitely bring your gear and snorkel!!!, or atleast the snorkel and mask if you are a good swimmer and leave the bulky fins at home. If you go out to the far right towards and beyond the rocks it is best! I'll see if I can post some pictures.

I had no good pictures of the area you can snorkel in. Basically, there is a beach and a dock, all the snorkeling can be done to the right of the dock. It is better snorkeling if you head out towards the right / near the rocks from what I remember. Here are two underwater pictures that I took...

stlucia1.jpg.360407f5e461db3cd54923bf19ca9a37.jpg

stlucia2.jpg.216b89039e8fe3d9ec6023f3536d7d63.jpg

I had no good pictures of the area you can snorkel in. Basically, there is a beach and a dock, all the snorkeling can be done to the right of the dock. It is better snorkeling if you head out towards the right / near the rocks from what I remember. Here are two underwater pictures that I took...

Thanks so much for the info and pics. Do you have "free rain" or do you have to stay in a certain "roped off area?" I have pretty good fins and can cover quite a bit of ground. I'll just need to watch the time.

There is a roped off area, however I no not know if they require you to stay in it or not. I would asked your driver, or probably more importantly the staff at the hotel - perhaps at the shop there that you can rent snorkel equipment (which was very expensive to rent by the hour there by the way!).

By the time we got there, walked around a bit and took some pictures, we then snorkeled for about 30 minutes and then went to lay out and try to dry off some. We had no trouble staying in the ropes though and did not even cover the whole area for 2 reasons - I was trying to practice with my new underwater camera and we did not have fins to go that fast.

Archived