tuscany by taxi

We used them by chance two summers ago and it was great! One of their drivers, Riccardo, was at the Livorno port and we hired him on the spot. He got us to Florence first (starting with the panoramic view of Florence from the Piazzale Michaelangelo) and got us into the Accademia with waiting in line. They are not guides, but they know the area very well and for us it was perfect. Plus you're not walking everywhere or getting lost or waiting on other passengers. We also visit Pisa and made it back to the ship with plenty of time. It was a great day and a great choice!

There have been a couple of posts on them, so you may want to search to see more responses.

We leave early for a few days in London on Oct. 1, but we will have access to the internet while we are there. Our ship sails on Saturday Oct. 6. But I know if I had been gone as long as you are traveling for, it would be hard for me to post anything right away. If you do get a chance, that would be wonderful. If you don't, I completely understand! There always seems like there is so much to do and catch up on when I get back from even a weekend trip away.

Hi,

I am in the process of hiring one of their drivers for our Emerald Princess trip in September. By chance we used him last year on our transatlantic. He picked us up at the dock. Four of us were headed to the train for Florence. Another couple got in. He said he would take us to Florence for 300 euro. That was very good. He drove us to the hill overlooking Florence, to Santa Croce and parked at a designated spot. We mentioned we would like to stop for a photo op in Pisa, so he said be back by three. We met up and off we went. We were back at the ship in good time. These are not tour guides, but do the research and they will get you where you want to go. This time we will visit more of the walled villages in Tuscany. He is asking 380 euro for four to six people.

Carol

Thanks Jennie! I will email you at the beginning of October. Just out of curiosity, where all are you traveling for 2 months?? I thought going away for 2 weeks was a long time :)

We started off booking our trip of a lifetime following a health scare with my son. This was a 39day cruise on HAL Rotterdam which will take us through the Baltic, Scandinavia, The Med, Europe, The Black Sea. Egypt etc. We decided to use Frequent Flyer points for my husband's airfare and this meant that we had to fly to Europe via New York. It was then more economical for the rest of the family to get "Round The World" air tickets and so we are making the most of it. 3 nights in New York, a night in Zurich (where we will travel to Leichtenstein and across the Austrian border), 2 nights pre cruise in Copenhagen, 1 night post cruise in Athens, 2 nights in Paris , 3 nights in Hong Kong, 3 nights in Bangkok and a night in Singapore to see friends. Still pinching myself but the preparation is like a University assignment. I would be lost without cruise critic.

Jennie

WOW! That is quite a trip. It sounds absolutely amazing. I hope you have a safe, problem free, thrilling holiday! I must say that I am very envious. My husband is such a homebody that our two week trip could be more than he can handle. He'd never survive (or even attempt) a trip of that magnitude. I pray your son is healthy and your scare is behind you. Have an incredible time!

We hired Tuscany by Taxi to take us to Florence and Pisa. I was a bit worried about the service ahead of time, but those thoughts quickly went away when we met the driver. I HIGHLY reccommend this company. We always received prompt replies to email. The driver spoke excellent English and was extremely nice to be around.

Our day was perfect. We were able to have part of our group dropped off at one spot and then the rest of us went in another direction. The driver was able to keep up with all of us and did so with a smile.

Hint: Best time to book Accademia is for 10:15 appointment. This works perfectly with Tuscany by Taxi's setup. We had lots of time in Florence on our own and we met the driver at our pick-up point in time to also visit Pisa.

Hint #2: Don't plan to visit Pisa for any longer than 30 minutes. That is plenty enough time to see it all.

WOW! That is quite a trip. It sounds absolutely amazing. I hope you have a safe, problem free, thrilling holiday! I must say that I am very envious. My husband is such a homebody that our two week trip could be more than he can handle. He'd never survive (or even attempt) a trip of that magnitude. I pray your son is healthy and your scare is behind you. Have an incredible time!

Thanks attagirl for your lovely thoughts and warm wishes. I was worried that my husband would not like cruising but after his 16 night Panama cruise, he is hooked. Maybe there is hope for your husband yet.

Jennie

Archived