what is the weather like in December in the Bahamas

The weather can be pretty unpredictable no matter when you go. We were in Nassau in Dec. 03 and it was cold, windy & rainy.

The next year I was there around the same time & it was HOT & sunny.......

A 3 day cruise wouldn't be my first choice, just not enough time, but if it's all you can swing a short cruise is ALWAYS better than NO cruise........:D

We took a 7-day cruise over New Years a couple of years back. The weather was beautiful. Even though the weather in Cape Canaveral was a little chilly to a Floridian; the weather in the caribbean was beautiful. I even got in the water to swim with the dolphins, so it had to be nice! However, the seas were very rough that time of year, the boat was very rocky and they even closed the pool decks a couple of nights due to the wind. I wear the sea sickness patches so it didn't affect me, however, quite a few of the cruisers were green.

I say go for it, however, I prefer a longer cruise if you can swing it!

The weather should be similar to what you will encounter in

southern Florida at that time of the year, which means it could be cool or quite hot. Weather seems to be more and more unpredictable and the best you can go by are the averages and historic high and low temperatures. There are no guarantees, so you "pays you money and you takes you choice":D

We cruised in December of 2006 for a 4 day to surprise my DH for his 50th birthday. Cape Canaveral was soooooooo cold! We live in Florida and it was very cold for us. The Shuttle was supposed to take off the night before and it was even delayed. Once on board we were freezing walking around the decks and didn't pack any sweatshirts because we thought it was going to be sunny and warm. Once in the Bahamas it was sunny and cool. We did an excurison to swim with the Dolphins and we were strongly encouraged to wear wetsuits while in the water which was good advice. We didn't have those tropical nights on the deck, but the ship was also decorated for Christmas which was beautiful. On formal night we had some great pictures taken that became our Christmas cards so it worked out well for us.

I also believe that if you can go longer, then go for it as well but sometimes the vacation time and the cost just don't work out that well. We just returned from a 7 day Mariner and now we are already signed up for short Bahams cruise in October just so we can get up to that Diamond status before our next long cruise. I figure packing for the 3 day will be a breeze, heck, I could probably just carry that bag on and off and avoid all that tagging and midnight stuff!

Elaine

WE went down to Nassau on Sovereign on a New Years cruise and it was too HOT to walk around for long downtown.

3 days- too short for all the preparation and work that goes into a vacation but it's better than not going,

what is the weather like in December in the Bahamas??

I am thinking about surprising my wife with a short cruise there for christmas. Also are the three night cruises worth it?

As a weather man,:cool: I have the following forecast, rain, could be heavy at times:mad:, chance of rain with clearing sky's in the afternoon:confused:, partly sunny:p, hazy hot humid:). Just like they tell it. A weather man no matter how many time they screw up they don't get caned. Good luck I'm sure the weather will be fine.

Archived