Stupid Question, But Need Advice

kcmom

We're scheduled to be on a cruise next week and will be snorkeling in Cozumel. My youngest son and I are "wussies" when it comes to being stung by creatures of the deep and have purchased thin wetsuits. My 18-year-old thinks we are a couple of geeks. Anyway, since we're getting off the ship and headed straight to the pier to meet Eagle Ray Divers and then probably doing a bit of shopping after the snorkeling, what should we wear OVER the wetsuits?

Should we change into the wetsuits after arriving at the pier or just throw on a T-shirt over them or what? I keep thinking that shorts on top of the wetsuits will look even more stupid than we will already look.

We also have rash guards and shorts. Should we wear those on top?

Most people worry about formal night. Me, I worry about stuff in the water..........

Hi,

Carry your wetsuits along with you. Wear a bathing suit under your shorts and rash guard. change from the shorts and rash guard to the wetsuit when ready to snorkel and change back when finished.

Easy-peasy!

Barbara

Hi,

Carry your wetsuits along with you. Wear a bathing suit under your shorts and rash guard. change from the shorts and rash guard to the wetsuit when ready to snorkel and change back when finished.

Easy-peasy!

Barbara

I agree. You will not want to wear your wetsuits from the ship to the Caleta. You'd overheat.

Also, I don't think you're a geek at all for getting the wetsuits. You will stay warmer, float better, and be protected from the sun and "pokie stuff". You are doing the right thing.

My youngest son and I are "wussies" when it comes to being stung by creatures of the deep and have purchased thin wetsuits. My 18-year-old thinks we are a couple of geeks.

That may be so, but he/she? could change their tune once they're in the water. Don't want to freak you out, but we were there last month and did a 4 stop snorkel trip and got stung on every stop. Just the little thimble jellyfish and no big deal, but after the first stop, my other friends put on their dive skins.

Archived