NCL Spirit with a one year old

wintim

We are traveling on the Spirit in October with our one year old. We thought NCL would be a good choice with a small child. I would really appreciate any advice you guys have about embarkation on the Spirit or cruising with a one year old in general. Also, has anyone had any experience with the suites, category AB? What do you think? Is it worth it?

Thanks in advance! Everyone here is so helpful.:o

We are traveling on the Spirit in October with our one year old. We thought NCL would be a good choice with a small child. I would really appreciate any advice you guys have about embarkation on the Spirit or cruising with a one year old in general. Also, has anyone had any experience with the suites, category AB? What do you think? Is it worth it?

Thanks in advance! Everyone here is so helpful.:o

Hi!

I just posted reviews on this board and the family board about my recent Spirit cruise with my 1 year old! Check them out! Also, the family board is a GREAT place to get ideas and tips for traveling with a baby.

Some tips I can give you:

Take advantage of the "Time for Tots" in the Kid's Crew each day. If they don't slip the schedule under your door go down to the Crew and they can give you one.

There is an enclosed play area for babies next to the kiddie pool area with ride on toys, etc.

Bring an over-the-door organizer for keeping all of your toiletries organized and within arm's reach.

Bring lots of little snacks to let baby munch on while waiting for dinner (ie. Teddy Grahams, fruit puffs, etc).

Bring a stroller!

Make sure your TA reserves a crib in advance. Call NCL the week before you sail to confirm the crib request. Bring one of your baby's bedsheets from home as well as a favorite blankie.

We ate in Windows most nights and requested to be seated in the back by all the large groups. It was a lot noisier back there and if baby started to get fussy she could hardly be heard! Since we got to dinner early we were able to get a window seat most nights!

If I think of any more tips I'll let you know! Feel free to ask questions:)

I think a lot depends upon how easy your child is. Personally, I chose to not cruise until my son was able to go into the children's program. I don't think that for me it would have been much of a vacation having to run after him all day on the ship - that I could do at home.

If you do decide to go with NCL, keep in mind a couple of things:

1. The ship will not be as baby proofed as your home.

2. NCL does not provide babysitting for children under 2.

Whatever your choice, have a wonderful vacation!

My kids first cruise was when they were 4 and 2. We made sure we had 2 strollers and used them a lot. Every time we got off the ship they were there and even getting on the ship. We had snacks and a lot of things to do. We walked around a lot while daddy waited in line too. We had a portable dvd player which came in handy only on the plane. No place to really set one up. Have a great cruise!

Archived