Another Balcony Divider Question

pugsy&porter

I know that they only open a certain amount of balcony dividers and I also know on some boats that it will block a portion of your view (I am guessing 20 to 25% of your balcony rail). So, I am looking for responses from someone that had their balcony opened - did you find the it blocked too much of your view or was the additional space worth it? Someone posted a picture of three balconies opened up and it looked like a lot more space.

I know that they only open a certain amount of balcony dividers and I also know on some boats that it will block a portion of your view (I am guessing 20 to 25% of your balcony rail). So, I am looking for responses from someone that had their balcony opened - did you find the it blocked too much of your view or was the additional space worth it? Someone posted a picture of three balconies opened up and it looked like a lot more space.

2296923060043811933S600x600Q85.jpg

you have to figure the balcony is near 10 ft wide and the divider around 3-3.5 ft wide....so when opened to the rail there is still 6 ft of rail.

The dividers on the Miracle opened forward(in the picture) so the aft of the 3 cabins had the full width of rail where the other two had some blocked view.

Keep in mind on ships like the Triumph the dividers open to the bulkhead so all of the rail is open.

Yes I felt it was worth it and we were the forward of the 3 cabins.

Also worth mentioning on the conquest class some balcony dividers will block the cabin door if opened.. Keep in mind where the front doors are located. If the front doors are side by side that is where your back door will be and the divider will block one of them. You want to get the cabins where the 2 front doors are divided by a wall.....

Also worth mentioning on the conquest some balcony dividers will block the cabin door if opened.. Keep in mind where the front doors are located. If the front doors are side by side that is where your back door will be and the divider will block one of them. You want to get the cabins where the 2 front doors are divided by a wall.....

Yup.....happened to us on the Triumph....the divider blocked one of the cabin doors.....we talked to the pursers desk because my kids were booked into the other cabin....they removed the divider.

2139102980089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

the divider swung forward and blocked the door of the cabin forward in the picture........it was the aft of the two verandah deck forward cabins

had we had the cabin on the other side of us...the divider would have covered our window.

Yep and on the spirit class extended there is no obstruction......

In October I have the upper deck inside with the adjoining balcony cabin and the two balconies next to that.........in this area of the ship, the balconies are extended.....the glass is also sloped out at an angle....and no life boats below.

In all my time here I've hardly been able to get any details about it.....so I'll have tons of photos when I return.

In October I have the upper deck inside with the adjoining balcony cabin and the two balconies next to that.........in this area of the ship, the balconies are extended.....the glass is also sloped out at an angle....and no life boats below.

In all my time here I've hardly been able to get any details about it.....so I'll have tons of photos when I return.

I see where you are. You are all the way forward. We were on the verandah deck with adjoining extended balcony cabins on the Spirit. We were above the lifeboats but we were so far up it didn't bother us.

It looks like your balcony is the same. Since the balcony is extended a couple feet (2?) the whole divider does not swing out. About 2 feet of it is stationary (the part next to the railing) So the divider swings out towards the stationary part. You do loose a little balcony space but not view. Hope that makes sense...

Sorry I have no picture:(

Also worth mentioning on the conquest class some balcony dividers will block the cabin door if opened.. Keep in mind where the front doors are located. If the front doors are side by side that is where your back door will be and the divider will block one of them. You want to get the cabins where the 2 front doors are divided by a wall.....

Is there away to find out if the two Balcony cabins we've booked has the two front door with a wall between them. I would really like to be able to open the balcony divider to have one large balcony.

Thanks,

Maddie

I see where you are. You are all the way forward. We were on the verandah deck with adjoining extended balcony cabins on the Spirit. We were above the lifeboats but we were so far up it didn't bother us.

It looks like your balcony is the same. Since the balcony is extended a couple feet (2?) the whole divider does not swing out. About 2 feet of it is stationary (the part next to the railing) So the divider swings out towards the stationary part. You do loose a little balcony space but not view. Hope that makes sense...

Sorry I have no picture:(

Makes sense...thanks! I'll have a ton of photos about this interior/balconies combo....I can't wait. I keep thinking I should switch..........my family all said it'll be great and not to worry because they don't over analyze everything off of CC like I do LOL.

Is there away to find out if the two Balcony cabins we've booked has the two front door with a wall between them. I would really like to be able to open the balcony divider to have one large balcony.

Thanks,

Maddie

for starters I'd start doing a photo search for your cabin number.....I have yet to come across a diagram that showed how the doors were arranged, but you could piece things together from others photos.

Makes sense...thanks! I'll have a ton of photos about this interior/balconies combo....I can't wait. I keep thinking I should switch..........my family all said it'll be great and not to worry because they don't over analyze everything off of CC like I do LOL.

I think that's a awesome setup if you have kids. Basically a inside cabin and balcony all in one. You can go check on them without having to go outside.:)

Thanks,

Maddie

You can also go the a well known travel website ( they won't let me say the name) that's starts with an E and go in to book a cruise on the ship you will be sailing.

When you get to the part to pick your cabin you can see the little indentations on the diagram for the cabin doors. It will show 2 side by side and the next one will be 2 apart. You will want to pick the ones that show 2 apart. It will be every other cabin. So if you have more then 2 cabins it won't work........We had 3 cabins and could only open one divider between the 3.....Unless you are like Chitown and have them removed....but I don't hear that too often...

This is for Conquest class ships.......

for starters I'd start doing a photo search for your cabin number.....I have yet to come across a diagram that showed how the doors were arranged, but you could piece things together from others photos.

Thanks...I'll give that a try

You can also go the a well known travel website ( they won't let me say the name) that's starts with an E and go in to book a cruise on the ship you will be sailing.

When you get to the part to pick your cabin you can see the little indentations on the diagram for the cabin doors. It will show 2 side by side and the next one will be 2 apart. You will want to pick the ones that show 2 apart. It will be every other cabin. So if you have more then 2 cabins it won't work........We had 3 cabins and could only open one divider between the 3.....Unless you are like Chitown and have them removed....but I don't hear that too often...

This is for Conquest class ships.......

Thanks for the tip on how to find a good diagram......you gotta love these boards....I learn something new every day.

Thanks SOOOO much......I just went to the E-site (took me a few to figure it out LOL).........that is too cool that you can see the door locations........I know, simple things eh!!

Another tip I'll be able to pass along

If I give you my email will you sent it to me. I cant find it:confused:

Thanks

No problem.....

Thanks...I just went back there...and I figured it out...;)

The two cabins I have booked have the lines between the two cabins. so it must mean the doors are together...not good If i want to open the partition's

I might think of changing.

Again Thanks!

Maddie

Archived