Riviera deck outside view for a Transatlantic????

martyap

Considering an OV on deck 1 which I believe is the Riviera deck on

the new Splendor. This is for a November transatlantic and I'm not sure

we would get that much use out of a balcony on a November crossing.....the cost for a balcony would be about $400 more pp. than the OV. Any thoughts on the OV cabins on the Riviera deck?

Karen

Considering an OV on deck 1 which I believe is the Riviera deck on

the new Splendor. This is for a November transatlantic and I'm not sure

we would get that much use out of a balcony on a November crossing.....the cost for a balcony would be about $400 more pp. than the OV. Any thoughts on the OV cabins on the Riviera deck?

Karen

What kind of thoughts are you looking for on the OV room, they are all standard:confused:

We did an OV on the Valor and it was really wonderful to wake up and watch the waves go by all day long. We definately did not miss having a balcony and if you are travelling in November it will be quite chilly on the high seas!

I agree with the other posters. I've been across the Atlantic, but in April. If we had a balcony, it would have been little use, other than having a really big window to look out of. I've also been from San Diego to Hawaii and back in December, and about half the time the balcony wouldn't have been used (other than the big window). The OV is certainly cheaper, and you still have a window and some daylight during the day. We have rarely had outside cabins or a balcony (2x outside, 1x balcony, out of 13 cruises), and we make do just fine. I do love the balcony though, especially for the Caribbean.

Ken

We had a Riviera deck oceanview on the Freedom Eastern Med. in April. When we originally booked it, I was concerned that it would be chilly that early in the season. In the end, the weather was beautiful, but I didn't miss the balcony. It was nice being so close to the water, plus getting back from shore excursions, we were just one flight up. Also, there was one day when the ship was rocking, which was noticeable on the Lido, but not on the Riviera deck. Whatever you decide, enjoy your cruise!

Archived