Identification in Ports on Mariner Cruise

My mother and Grandmother (US citizens) are doing the Eastern Carr. on Mariner in August. They are going to CocoCay, St. Thomas and St. Martin. Is a drivers license good enough identification for St. Martin or will they have to carry around passports? Since St. Thomas is a US terrority, I'm assuming that a drivers license will do there. Is this right?

My mother and Grandmother (US citizens) are doing the Eastern Carr. on Mariner in August. They are going to CocoCay, St. Thomas and St. Martin. Is a drivers license good enough identification for St. Martin or will they have to carry around passports? Since St. Thomas is a US terrority, I'm assuming that a drivers license will do there. Is this right?

The only ID we were required to show any port was our SeaPass and driver's license.

We leave the passports in the safe and all you need to get off is your seapass card and your driver's license. Many people DO carry around their passports so you will get a lot of opinions on this.

While you don't need to carry your passport unless you want to have a copy on you while on the islands, in St Thomas, you will be asked for your Driver's License or other photo ID by local Port Security (not RCI staff) before you are allowed to enter the gated area where you reboard the ship. Same in Nassau and a few other ports (I don't recall exactly which ones). You only need your set sail pass to get back onto the ship once you pass these checkpoints on the pier and show your photo ID.

Archived