Princess "Rainforest Biking Tour" Reviews?

EmmaWoodhouse

Has anyone done the "Rainforest biking tour" offered by Princess in Skagway? (It appears to have a very similar description to the one offered by Sockeye, if anyone has done that).

We have a lot of time in Skagway and would like to do something moderately active in addition to the railroad. It seems like we could do this in the morning, walk around town for a couple hours, and do the last round-trip train of the day...

Princess Description:

" Experience the natural beauty and history of Dyea on a relaxing bicycle ride.

This scenic tour begins with a narrated van ride to Dyea. Skagway’s rival city during the gold rush; nature has now reclaimed the land. Guides versed in the area’s ecology and history lead you along a bike route covering five miles of flat terrain for easy pedaling.

Ride through the rainforest, visiting historic ruins, the Chilkoot trailhead and coastal tidal flats where eagles, salmon, colorful wildflowers and dazzling mountains are often in view. This tour is ideal for those seeking mild exercise in the fresh Alaska air."

No one?? Alternatively, has anyone rented bikes in town and tried biking independently to Dyea and doing the Park Service Tour? Or biking anywhere else in Skagway (besides the trip down the mountain from White Pass-- I have a scar and a traumatic memory from a bad fall off a bike on a hill as a kid, so I'm not up for the all-steep-all-the-time experience)

Should I take the silence by this usually vocal group as meaning that the excursion is a bit of a dud, or am I reading too much into the non-replies?

Archived