WARNINGS Should be Required............

On all cruise brochures and websites warning first time cruisers just how addicting cruising can be! I'm guessing there's no sense in suggesting a cruising anonymous meeting be held on the last sea day? Does this rush of excitement ever go away or at the very least become dulled a bit? We had planned on going to Niagara Falls for our August vacation but after spending last week on the Triumph it ruined us on land vacations ;) Please tell me there is hope ahead?

Thanks I always wanted to be in a club ....might I ask the name of this club or should I be afraid ? ;) Ironically it was my husband that has shocked me the most. When I mentioned cruising was addicting he laughed at me. He insisted that while cruising may be nice he still wanted to go on "land" vacations after the cruise. Now he's had my book one in August and we'll be booking one for May when we return.

On all cruise brochures and websites warning first time cruisers just how addicting cruising can be! I'm guessing there's no sense in suggesting a cruising anonymous meeting be held on the last sea day? Does this rush of excitement ever go away or at the very least become dulled a bit? We had planned on going to Niagara Falls for our August vacation but after spending last week on the Triumph it ruined us on land vacations ;) Please tell me there is hope ahead?

Cruising is like a sickness bug, where for those who have it............DON'T want a cure. The only way to get rid of the bug is to book another. And then strangely enough, the bug only stays away for the number of days you are gone...........as soon as you get home......you catch the bug again.

It's the Triumphs fault.....I took her in Feb '06 and now I am booked for my 4th.

Abandon Hope......All Ye Who Cruise Once....!

Heed my sad tale of Whoa.......

Living from Cruise Fix to Cruise Fix, like some bottom feeding Junkie.......

There go visits to Mom......the retirement fund, new cars, new clothes, the hopes, the dreams, all gone now.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

As my need for cruise variety grows stronger and more expensive ...Doing whatever desperate thing I have to do to fund the next cruise....sell off Grandma's coins, selling my blood, stealing car radios.........:eek:

OOOO, where will it end......

Seriously friends....I should be in some self help group. I never was interested in going on a cruise. I distinctly remember thinking, "Why would I want to be stuck on some boat?"

Surely that wasn't really what I was thinking!!!!!!!! Now I can't think of any other vacation.

My DS's school is taking a wonderful trip to England, Whales, and France, next June, and he doesn't want to go. He (seriously) stated that "It doesn't include a cruise!"

I have created 6 monsters in my family and 8 friend monsters!!!

My name is Melinda and I AM addicted.:eek:

Let me offer a partial dissent: I love to cruise, and have one booked for October. But, we just got back from a week at a beach resort, too, where we had a great time.

My biggest kick from travel comes from rubbing elbows with the locals, eating where they eat, playing where they play, etc. (and we try to do that, too, during cruise stops -- haven't taken a ship-sponsored excursion yet!). That's hard to do when you're only in town a few hours. Fortunately for us, we also like the cruiseship community, where you run into the same folks night after night for a week onboard, but we wouldn't want to make that our only vacation outlet.

I used to value a weeklong getaway to the mountains. Now, a vacation to the Smokies is still great, but nothing like a cruise! Given a choice, which I had to choose this year, I dropped the mountains like a hot potato!

It is the lure of the ocean....and being waited on hand and foot. Plus, being able to visit ports that you wouldn't be able to afford otherwise. Cruising is definitely THE best vacation value for you money. My friends don't understand...they don't wanna be "stuck" on a ship. They don't know what they're missing. I would gladly be "stuck" on a cruise ship forever.....with shore leave, of course!:D

On all cruise brochures and websites warning first time cruisers just how addicting cruising can be!

Its funny that you would mention this because at work, Im known as Mr. Cruiser and since I work nights I get calls from other workers asking me questions about cruising. I usually recommend the Spirit out of San Diego or the Pride out of Long Beach since we all live closeby.

The first thing I do tell them is my Disclaimer... I tell them what Im about to tell you could get you hooked for life, are you ready to take on this responsiblity. :D

Fred

Hi my name is Philip and I am a cruiseaholic. I was on the wagon for several years 12 to be exact I went thru the program to ease my addiction. All was going well until a week moment 2 months ago. My carnival PVP contacted me. I was expecting support and encouragement, on my road back to normalcy. To my shock and Horror these were the first words off her lips! "It's about time for you take anouther cruise isn't it"? I was week and vulnerable. I tried to resist the temptation to no avail! I booked another cruise in December. WHOA is me! I don't think I can live with myself. I please help!

If anyone tries to help me. I'll hurt you!

NOPE.

I still lament how I used to go annually to Myrtle beach, by car no less, from 1966 to 1987, same place, every year.

I did my first cruise in 1988, and it just made Myrtle Beach pale by comparison.

I returned again in 1992, but it just wasn't the same.

I made one more trip about 2 years ago with my then 7 year old, this time choosing a different place, oceanfront, but all hope is lost for me.

Archived