WARNINGS Should be Required............

cruising is the number 1 addiction!!!!

the number 2 addiction is reading these boards!!:D

Boy, ain't THAT the truth!!! :D

I'm on here all the time, even when I don't have a cruise booked (like NOW) just to get my "cruise fix" SOMEHOW. :p

While I am quite fond of cruising after our first cruise, I can't say I'm addicted. I think too much time was spent anticipating. Kinda like sex with a lazy lover who looked so hot and took awhile to woo. We hopefully will have more cruises to enjoy, but I can live with the memories if a disaster stuck. Just my $0.02

I tried. I really tried. Went FOUR MONTHS without a booked cruise. Post cruise depression. Agonizing... The itch never went away. Didn't help matters reading CC most days. Then, the same old story. Friends called. Cruising friends. "Hey, doncha wanna do another cruise? It's gonna be cold come New Years. Your vitamin D level should be pretty low by then. Ya did such a great job last year, how about finding another for this year?" What a moral dilemma. Break the habit or help the friends in their habit. Why oh why do they hit you during a weak moment?

Well, you know the ending. Off the wagon, headed for the cruise port. I was doing so good for so long, only a 1 cruise year guy. Now I'm up to 2 cruises a year. Got one in 10 days, Got another for New Year's. Aww man, the cruise friends got me working on next summer already for the Mediterranean.

(Now I can be dense at times, but I've pretty much figured out why there is no such group as Cruisers Anonymous. NOBODY attends the meetings!)

Voyagerfl, Hilarious post, scaring the h*ll out of me. It's like, ... seeing your future.....

1. Read Cruise Critic boards daily to find perfect cruise for you.

2. Book cruise by searching every available internet resource to find the best price.

3. Return to Cruise Critic boards to find perfect privately booked shore excursions for each port.

4. Book shore excursions.

5. Start a roll call on Cruise Critic for your sailing

6. Check the roll call every day

7. Plan your Cruise Critic roll call meeting place, preferably on the Lido deck during Sail Away

8. Share all ideas of how to smuggle booze, what people should and should not wear, what ages of people should cruise, etc. on Cruise Critic

9. Get on a plane or in a car to go to the port.

10. Anxiously stand in the Embarkation line, we know how to spot the other addicts, we are there waiting in line at the crack of dawn and can't stand still (just like kids in a candy store).

11. Be the first one on the ship and the last on off the ship, we don't want to miss any time on our cruise.

12. Start process again as soon as you return from cruise.

Who says we want to be cured!!!!!!!!

1. Read Cruise Critic boards daily to find perfect cruise for you.

2. Book cruise by searching every available internet resource to find the best price.

3. Return to Cruise Critic boards to find perfect privately booked shore excursions for each port.

4. Book shore excursions.

5. Start a roll call on Cruise Critic for your sailing

6. Check the roll call every day

7. Plan your Cruise Critic roll call meeting place, preferably on the Lido deck during Sail Away

8. Share all ideas of how to smuggle booze, what people should and should not wear, what ages of people should cruise, etc. on Cruise Critic

9. Get on a plane or in a car to go to the port.

10. Anxiously stand in the Embarkation line, we know how to spot the other addicts, we are there waiting in line at the crack of dawn and can't stand still (just like kids in a candy store).

11. Be the first one on the ship and the last on off the ship, we don't want to miss any time on our cruise.

12. Start process again as soon as you return from cruise.

Who says we want to be cured!!!!!!!!

LOL I've covered all 12 steps repeatedly over the past year~! I found myself standing in the line to embark wondering just how many others were fellow cruise critic members. Our roll call fizzled out so I never did meet anyone from this board. I often wondered how many of us there were on the ship and who just might be a feelow member. Too bad there isn't a way to easily identify fellow members.

I personally think we should all dress like our avatars.

That would make it easy..... but then again, my plane is too damn big for a balcony!:D

But I actually wear a hat with my tail number on it!

Wife and I are hooked on cruising too. It really is the best value for your money and it's great being able to see other countries. We are planning on going on the Fantasy in Oct. and are hoping to do the Liberty in '08.

I, too, am an addict...but I think I have a better handle on my addiction than some of the rest of you!

I can still get a vacation "high" from other kinds of travel, it just isn't as sweet as what I get on a cruise.

I still travel wherever and whenever I can. Just made a short train trip this week, meeting my husband who was out of town on business....just because it was travel. Been to the UK and really enjoyed those trips, too. Hubby and I went to Cozumel for a week last year. We'd only been to Cozumel on cruise ships before, but decided to spend a week at an "all-inclusive" resort there. It was great! Funny, though, that when I tried to describe the vacation, the closest I could come was "It was like being on a cruise ship that stayed in one place."

Travel is the addiction...it can be fed in many ways. It's just that with cruising, the high is way beyond that of land trips.

I admit it: I do not want to beat my addiction, only find acceptable ways to feed it.

I too am an addict!!! I only started in 2002. The thing that I could kick myself for is the fact that I am a born and raised Miamiian, never even heard of cruising until I moved almost a thousand miles away from that port. Oh, I just think of all the cruises that I missed when I was unaware of this addiction.

My greatest fear now if going through withdrawal. I always had to have one booked, then it went to two, and now I have my next three booked.

I am a nurse and often deal with alcholics going through withdrawal. Will I be in an ICU unit, tied down for my own safety, being given injections of sea water to ease the pain, a tube into my stomach to give me my Kiss on the LIps and liquified Warm Chocolate Melting cake to ease my out of those days of hell withdrawing from cruising? Will my own staff have to care for me and see me in that state? NO!!! I must be strong and continue my cruising addiction. What would those younger nurses say, I will do it for them!

Funny, I used to go to Myrtle Beach by car 2-3 times a year. It was fun, it was cheap. After I was hit with the cruise bug in Feb, I have no desire to go back!

NOPE.

I still lament how I used to go annually to Myrtle beach, by car no less, from 1966 to 1987, same place, every year.

I did my first cruise in 1988, and it just made Myrtle Beach pale by comparison.

I returned again in 1992, but it just wasn't the same.

I made one more trip about 2 years ago with my then 7 year old, this time choosing a different place, oceanfront, but all hope is lost for me.

YES! Glad I'm not the only one :)

so who's done this....? EVER use cruise logic? Admit it!!

"honey, want to go out to dinner tonight?

"No, because we could easily drop $100 for the 2 of us at _________ and that is a sixth of a 7 day cruise for one of us"

;) Please tell me there is hope ahead?

sorry, you're So screwed. :D

You'll never be the same. No land vacation will ever measure up and every time you take a land vacation, all you're gonna think is "I should have booked a cruise"

Any time you see a destination that interests you, you'll look to see what ships sail there and if none do, you'll 'put that one aside for now'......

The three day cruises become 7 days and THEN progress to 2 week-ers.

You start in an inside cabin and next thing you know you're in withdrawal unless you have a balcony. God forBID you try an aft...fuggedaboudit, your azz is cooked.

*shakes head* there is no hope.

My DS's school is taking a wonderful trip to England, Whales, and France, next June, and he doesn't want to go. He (seriously) stated that "It doesn't include a cruise!"

I have created 6 monsters in my family and 8 friend monsters!!!

:eek:

I'm glad I'm not the only BAD MOM out there! ;) Not only do I have an addiction problem, but I got my teen DD hooked too.:eek:

My name is Beth and I am proud to be a cruise junkie! I need to feed my addiction. The last couple of years I only needed one cruise a year- but this year I went out of control and have booked 3 cruises.

I will try to control myself- so far I have only book one cruise for 2008.

I even plan to home educate my 6th son so I can take advantage of off season rates. (OK- I did homeschool all the other ones too so we could travel all year round in our camper!)

I'm hopelessly hooked:eek:

(and Although I love mouse world- I found cruising is a much better bargain!!)

Archived