Towel animals on princess cruises

redjuliet

Our traveling companions on the Sun Princess had towel animals twice last week on our cruise.

Either you love towel animals or you don't.

For me, I wanted to throw them overboard along with the stateroom steward that would make them.

I guess I do not like towel animals. This is a cruise not a day care center.

No towel animals on our 12-night cruise, but our daughter did look forward to seeing what her teddy bear had been up to each day when we got back.We would find "Dearest" doing something different each evening - wearing our sunglasses or our daughter's mp3 headphones or just sitting with her little "feet" up after a long day of shopping. It was cute.

Either you love towel animals or you don't.

Just my guess, but I think you'll find that most of the population has no strong views on the whole "towel animal" debate. We didn't have them on the Crown last month but then nor did we miss them.

For me, I wanted to throw them overboard along with the stateroom steward that would make them.

Methinks you need that upcoming cruise. "She folded my towel into a monkey" might not be the best defence against a murder charge.

Just back from Alaska on the Island Princess. First couple nights--no towel animals. Then my daughter started talking about her friends from the Teen Center who were getting towel animals, so I wrote a note to our steward asking for one. Voila--a towel monkey with freaky chocolate heart eyes! The next night, a towel frog wearing my husband's glasses. Both were adorable and we were very appreciative of our steward taking the time to make them.

So if you're not getting towel animals and would like some, just ask. You may receive. :)

Princess don't have towel animals as a routine, BUT we just got back from a cruise on the Caribbean Princess. One evening towards the end of the cruise, our cabin steward forgot to turn down our sheets in the evening. He felt terrible about it and for the rest of the cruise, we had towelling animals when we went to bed. :)

Princess don't have towel animals as a routine, BUT we just got back from a cruise on the Caribbean Princess. One evening towards the end of the cruise, our cabin steward forgot to turn down our sheets in the evening. He felt terrible about it and for the rest of the cruise, we had towelling animals when we went to bed. :)

Isn't that strange? In all my cruises, never has a room steward forgotten to turn down my bed. Even though it's such a nice touch that doesn't happen for me anywhere else, I would consider it quite odd to return to my room and find my bed still made (or quite unmade)!

Just my guess, but I think you'll find that most of the population has no strong views on the whole "towel animal" debate. We didn't have them on the Crown last month but then nor did we miss them.

Methinks you need that upcoming cruise. "She folded my towel into a monkey" might not be the best defence against a murder charge.

I agree. LOL :D

Princess does towel animals only for the mini-suite and above categories. However, if you ask your room steward early in the cruise, they will certainly accomodate your wishes.

We sailed in a mini suite for our Honeymoon on Caribbean Princess and had towel animals; last year when we sailed on the Crown Princess in a balcony, we didn't get any, so we just asked and 'poof' we had towel animals for the rest of the cruise!

Yes, it did surprise us. He was very sorry; he said we were his only cabin that had late dinner and after he got into bed and was falling asleep, he suddenly remembered that he hadn't done our cabin. The next night, there was a towelling robe all wrapped on the bed. :) (As well as the towelling animal)

He didn't forget again.

Before everyone definitely says NO! My sister n law got towel animals every night on the Star Princess in a regular balcony cabin. One night she didnt get one and she ran out to her room steward so dissappointed and he came in immediately and made a huge seashell out of their bedspread!

Its not the norm (we didnt have any either) but some Princess workers do make the animals! Hope I get lucky on my next cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, we had them. Island Princess to Alaska. Mini-suite with Balcony.

We did not get them a few years ago in a Balcony in the Carribean. The GF was really pleased and got a big kick out of them. We took pics (not downloaded to this computer yet).

I can't imagine asking for them, but I suppose if I had whining kids I'd do something to keep them quiet :rolleyes:

We just got off the Grand Princess and while we didn't have towel animals in our OS, our friends in a mini suite did get them. I wouldn't have believed it, but they took photos.

Guess it all depends upon your steward and his (her) experience at folding towels.

Charlie

I have cruised Princess many times (less than 15 but at the moment I can't remember how many!) and never had a towel animal. However, I have noticed more people saying recently they received one and I wonder if this is something they are moving towards. I have always enjoyed them on RCL.

Also noted in one of the posted Patters that a towel making demo is available, again not something I remember seeing before on a Princess ship.

Hello, this is my first message, joined after we came back from the Sapphire, Sydney to LA last month, a fabulous cruise. We are Elite members and this was the first time that we had enjoyed towel animals, such fun, we had a mini suite, don't know if that had anything to do with it.

Welcome to cruise critic! I'm just curious, did you have Marina from Romania as your room steward? She did towel animals for us almost everyday of our 19 Day Singapore to Sydney cruise on the Sapphire last Xmas and New Year.. First time we've had towel creatures in 12 Princess Cruises!

Probably depends on the room attendant. We had 2 state rooms. My wife and eldest daughter was in one and they never got any animals. But in our room, with my other 2 daughters we had several. BTW, we were on the Crown and in inside staterooms.

I think there is a pic of one here:

http://cruisecrownprincess.com/ShipStats_gallery1.html

Our cabin steward made two beautiful kissing swans out of towels on the day of our anniversary on the Island Princess. That was it though. Those people are so busy, with so many cabins to take care of, so we especially appreciated it that one day.

I just read another thread that someone had stated something about "no towel animals" on princess cruises. My husband has never been on one before and I always thought that was fun. Does anyone know if they do or not?

We were on the CB last year and we had a different towel animal every night. Our steward was great. She was very talented. We were on the Lido deck.

I just read another thread that someone had stated something about "no towel animals" on princess cruises. My husband has never been on one before and I always thought that was fun. Does anyone know if they do or not?

It all depends on your room steward. Our family and friends were in fivecabins on the last cruise and three of the rooms got towel animals. It may not have occurred every night but I would say at least every other night.

All the kids registered for children's program could be taught to make the animals and at dinner time they can get burgers and ice cream in a special area (not the dining room) and then go with the stewards and make the animals for the cabins that have kids in them.

Archived