Replace Johnny Rockets with In-n-Out burger

Johnny Rockets food is never really that good on land why would putting it on a ship make a difference..........fries have always been served cold, hamburgers are nothing to write home about......that only good thing is grilled cheese sandwich......I suppose their malts and shakes are good but prices seem a little high for me.....the dancing is a novelty, only thing really going for it cause it's fun..........

Now if you want a great burger, fries, etc. find ya a Backyard Burger...... We just had one open up here and it's going to run the other burger joints out of business cause they have great food. Oh, and the chicken tenders are wonderful as well......fries, hot and seasoned:D plus they have waffle fries (haven't tried them yet)

Johnny Rockets food is never really that good on land why would putting it on a ship make a difference..........fries have always been served cold, hamburgers are nothing to write home about......that only good thing is grilled cheese sandwich......I suppose their malts and shakes are good but prices seem a little high for me.....the dancing is a novelty, only thing really going for it cause it's fun..........

Now if you want a great burger, fries, etc. find ya a Backyard Burger...... We just had one open up here and it's going to run the other burger joints out of business cause they have great food. Oh, and the chicken tenders are wonderful as well......fries, hot and seasoned:D plus they have waffle fries (haven't tried them yet)

Hey.another Ocalan(what part??--Im in the SE),.so BY was good??? I heard a commercial on the radio today.............might have to go tomorrow for lunch!! Bet they put Whattaburger outta business(as if they ever had any)........

I also like Steak and Shake.........pretty good in my book..........

Parrothead8 if you do go to BY Burger it is really, really busy from the time it opens, 11 AM until around 1:30......so if you do go either go right when it opens or after 1:30.....they do have a really big problem with the drive thru line, it backs all the way up to Easy St and it makes it hard to get in and out of:eek: .........you place your order, take a # that sits on your table and then they have servers who bring it to you.........you won't be disappointed.....and for the Whataburger, understand it has most police calls of any fast food rest.........maybe because the food isn't any good or because it's open 24/7, who knows:eek:

Oh we're located in the SE as well, off of SE 17th St near the duck pond.

Ok,did my part for the cause.........ate lunch at Backyard Burger today..........man,was it good! It really did taste like something off the backyard grill...........fries were ok.....waffle ones were better,.Only downside was it is a Pepsi place......not a Coke place......they lose 2 points for that..:p

Thumbs up from me!:)

No one mentioned the Double Double Protein Style!

With a vanilla shake (xtra large) to balance it off!

...and yes, you have to eat the fries when they are hot

Double, double protein style with BOTH kinds of onions - yum!! Now you did it, I'm on a diet :( - lol! (and there's one here right by my work - boo hoo).

DAMNIT! Now I'm craving Backyard Burgers...which don't exist in downtown Chicago.

ARGH! Thanks guys. Thanks a lot.

Next I know you'll be discussing Sonic Cherry Limeades...which don't exist here either.

I seriously should consider moving. This stinks!!

We have both here in Ocala,FL..:)

DAMNIT! Now I'm craving Backyard Burgers...which don't exist in downtown Chicago.

Next I know you'll be discussing Sonic Cherry Limeades...which don't exist here either.

Yes, but you have:

Good Pizza (Giordano's YUM!)

Good hot dogs

Garret's (popcorn. Yes, it's amazing, really).

Some of the best steak joints in the country. Gene and Georgetti's is beyond delicious.

I miss Chicago. Ann Arbor is nice, but it's not the same.

Ok Chicago come on down the weather is great.....the hamburgers are juicy:) ......cherry limeade flows like water (actually getting another Sonic on the SE side of town):) .....and it's a buyers market on the real estate:D ......we'd love to have ya......

I would like the cruise company to hire a chef to make a great burger, and not charge extra for a "chain restaurant" on the ship. We all know that the cruise lines love providing avenues for us to spend more money. And that isn't always a problem, but I think in the area of food the cruise company should pride themselves on what they prepare, and not have gimmicks like JR. As with many of you, I try to avoid chain restaurants as much as possible in my home town. The local mom and pop places are almost always better. The cruise lines should take that attitude and innovate their food selections for us.

Yes, but you have:

Good Pizza (Giordano's YUM!)

Good hot dogs

Garret's (popcorn. Yes, it's amazing, really).

Some of the best steak joints in the country. Gene and Georgetti's is beyond delicious.

I miss Chicago. Ann Arbor is nice, but it's not the same.

Good point...and we can't forget about Portillo's!!!!!!!!!!! SO.GREASY.YET.DELICIOUS.

Give me a double double animal style and I would eat there every day. Ok a guy can dream right?
The absolute best burgers in the world are (were?, it was a while ago) served at the Big T Driving Range and Par 3 golf course in Anaheim. The owner's daughters only made a good thing better. But that double/double has me all hungry now. The closest we've got is Steak & Shake, a fair imitation of In-N-Out but definitely not in the same league.

I have IN-N-Out any time I'm in a town with one. I love their burgers! I've never had their fries that weren't hot and crispy. My last visit was to the one at LAX airport where you can watch the jumbo jets land right in front of you!

384239276_6b909c64ff.jpg

I would like the cruise company to hire a chef to make a great burger, and not charge extra for a "chain restaurant" on the ship. We all know that the cruise lines love providing avenues for us to spend more money. And that isn't always a problem, but I think in the area of food the cruise company should pride themselves on what they prepare, and not have gimmicks like JR. As with many of you, I try to avoid chain restaurants as much as possible in my home town. The local mom and pop places are almost always better. The cruise lines should take that attitude and innovate their food selections for us.

Totally agree - don't know who the cruise line is listening to when it comes to ideas for venues on board:eek: ......maybe more us need to fill out the comment cards before leaving ship.......guess the guys with the big money don't really get out much to the local hamburger joints and think that's what we really want.....it's like going to a different city and checking out the mall and everything looks the same....why bother.:eek:

Oh Parrothead8, I told you it was a good burger.....totally agree about them not having Coke products but The Mug root beer is just lovely for us:) .......... Not sure what the In-n Out burger place is like.....

Oh Parrothead8, I told you it was a good burger.....totally agree about them not having Coke products but The Mug root beer is just lovely for us:) .......... Not sure what the In-n Out burger place is like.....

Give it time.......bet we get one of those too.........

PS.I had the diet Dr pepper,:D

I plan on checking out the In-n-Out burger web site and send them a note that we "need" one of them here in town.....:D

Ok, just sent them the word to come on down and test them there burgers in our part of town.....look forward to hearing from them....

IMHO, You haven't lived 'till you've eaten an In-N-Out burger! I grew up in SoCal but just recently moved to NorCal, and there are NO In-N-Out Burgers nearby :( . I guess I'll have to eat up when I visit family! So if RCCL put In-N-Out onboard, I would just have one more reason to go on a cruise:)

No one has mentioned In-N-Out's 4X4s.... My nephew used to eat them before football practice. They are not on the menu - you have to ask for them. As the name suggests, they have four patties and four slices of cheese.:eek: Meat-eaters and hungry teenagers love 'em, but I can't eat that much at one time. A double/double with extra pickles and a shake is heaven on earth for me!

If you live in the Midwest - try a Culver's butterburger. Those are the closest things to In-N-Out East of AZ.

That's my 2 cents! I love this thread, but now I miss my In-N-Out more:(

While I've never had an In-and-Out burger, I've heard they're excellent.

That having been said, I think JRs can stay. The onion rings and the ladle-added syrups for Cokes are enough for me. :) I love how as soon as you sit down you're given the half-fries/half-onion rings apetizer. Man, those are good rings.

And if you can argue for putting an In and Out burger on the RCI ships, you can make that argument for Five Guys Burgers. For those of you who don't know, 5 Guys is the east coast In and Out Burger (except 5 Guys also has hot dogs on the menu). The burgers are AMAZING... As are the fries. The fries are the quintisential "Fair" fries (like at a county fair). I'd love to see a 5 Guys aboard the RCL ships. :) But I'm content with JRs because of the rings and Cokes. :)

thread got me looking, but can not find one - heading to UC Berkeley this weekend - have one near there anyone know?

Lucky that I have to go to Prescott AZ twice a year, and In N Out a required stop; Have a JR here in Daytona Beach and would prefer In N Out on board

We have a place here is Connecticut called "Tomlinsons" . Known to everyone in the area as "The Greeks" because of the family who owned and operated the place.

Are you talking about The Greeks in Milford? I worked at their competition, Paul's, while I was in college.

Archived