Replace Johnny Rockets with In-n-Out burger

About 5 yrs ago my sister and I were in the Dallas area. I had heard good things about Whataburger so decided to do a drive thru after a night out in a very fun western bar/nightclub. Not only was the service bad (the kid couldn't get our order right and it took forever to get our meal and we were the only ones in the drive thru at midnight), but the burger was dry and...lack of a better word...blah. I was so disappointed. I assume its better than we experienced?

OK, let me qualify my statement! Maybe it is just the Whataburger by my house that has good food and (usually) great service. :)

My absolute favorite hamburger place is Redamak's in New Buffalo, Michigan. They are a family-run business with one location, so there can't be such a wide disparity in service and food as there is in a franchised place. Mmmmm, now I'm hungry!

Hey Cruisingator2...I too have been to Whattaburger in Gainesville...lived there for about 8 years...Did you ever go to Yonah Burger up toward Helen. If not you didn't miss anything!

I am not one to judge a burger joint...I eat the Veggie burgers and I love Johnny Rockets!

Never been to Yonah Burger but I don't make it up to the mountains much either. :)

OK, let me qualify my statement! Maybe it is just the Whataburger by my house that has good food and (usually) great service. :)

My absolute favorite hamburger place is Redamak's in New Buffalo, Michigan. They are a family-run business with one location, so there can't be such a wide disparity in service and food as there is in a franchised place. Mmmmm, now I'm hungry!

I LOVE Redamak's!!! The line to get in there is usually outrageous. Harbor Country rocks!

That's very possible. There are a few local places around here that are kind of hit & miss. There are times when I've come out thinking, "that was the best sandwich/burger/whatever". The next time, I come out thinking, "if this had been the first time eating here, I would never eat here again." I guess they all have their good days and bad days.

Give me a double double animal style and I would eat there every day. Ok a guy can dream right?

That is what I had for dinner last night!

On the ship, though, I would actually prefer that there was no franchise name involved--just make really good burgers like we make at home.

There are several Whataburgers in the Mobile area and I wouldn't eat there if they were handing them out for free. To their credit they have the best smell coming from their stores though. Too bad they don't taste as good as they smell. As for police calls to Whataburger, one of them in Mobile is right across the street from the PD HQ. You can look out of the PD and look right into the front windows of the Whataburger and it still gets held up occasionally. I don't know if the criminals are just plain brazen or the PD is just asleep at the wheel. Checkers is my favorite. :D

Ditto to this one, I wouldn't eat them if they were free either. Whataburger is terrible, these guys don't, apparently know what a good burger tastes like.

I'm sorry, but Johnny Rockets and In-N-Out have nothing on 5 Guys. Northern VA/DC people know what I'm talking about.

AMEN! 5-Guys is the best...we drive 30 minutes every now and then to get to the closest...and before that one we would drive to Delaware and head back on 202 to pass a 5-guys...and we bring them home for everyone!

Ok I admit I never had In N Out...but did JR's on last cruise...did lunch and it was ok...more fun than anything...burger was decent...we still have found 5-guys to be the best...

we found out about 5-guys from my dd's room mate from VA and her bff in school at VA Tech...she would bring them home until they starting opening within an hour of us.

All this talk about In N Out FORCED me to go out and get a double double animal style with a vanilla shake (I swear the shake cup gets smaller each year!) Y'all MADE me do this! ...and I grew up in Texas and had my share of Whataburgers and they were very tasty, but In N Out? Man, that's some good eatin!

You know how you think about something and it's not as good as you hoped? Well that burger was fantastic!

I BLAME each and every one of you...

(burp)

All this talk about In N Out FORCED me to go out and get a double double animal style with a vanilla shake (I swear the shake cup gets smaller each year!) Y'all MADE me do this! ...and I grew up in Texas and had my share of Whataburgers and they were very tasty, but In N Out? Man, that's some good eatin!

You know how you think about something and it's not as good as you hoped? Well that burger was fantastic!

I BLAME each and every one of you...

(burp)

You can't blame everyone. Just most of us...

Glad you enjoyed it. Hope you ate inside. Ate mine in the car and just too messy. As per my In-N-Out Burger Review definately recommend it to everyone but a must for inside dining.

I'm not into logo stuff....other than RCCL. You can keep all the other logo stuff like coffee, ice cream and burgers some people are willing to pay extra for when they already paid for the same stuff in the cruise fare.

Double, Double with cheese. In N Out is local. They are expanding, but they are strictly a burger place. For years they did not franchise. I have never had JR so can not compare.

Actually the best burger I ever had was in Iowa and called a Made Right. That was 35 years ago.

Maid Rite sandwhiches were on Taste of America on the Travel Channel. They are a "loose meat" kind of like a sloppy joe only without the tomatoe base. They serve with a spoon since you always will have some fall out of the sandwich. I live in Nebraska and haven''t tried one, but Omaha has a couple of places that sell the. Next time we are in Omaha I will try one. I guess Mark DeCarlo from Taste of America had fun there eating one. He says that they are great.

Luanne

For some reason Connecticut is always last to get all the good places....if at all *LOL*

Took forever to get a Krispy Kreme up here. JR just got here a few months ago.

i may well be dead or not have any teeth left to eat by the time we get a Sonic, In and Out Burger, or Fat Burger.

Just curious, Thinking about a few chains we had around here throughout the years that are long gone (at least here)

Does anyone have any of the following near them.

Hardees

Wetsons

Geno's

Super Chef

Walt's Roast Beef

Enquireing minds want to know *LOL*

Hardee's is in Kearney Nebraska!:p

Luanne

We tried a new one last week... Fosters Grill... DH loved the cheese burger...I liked the veggie burger and the french fries were fresh cut. Oh and the lemonade made from real lemons! We have been twice in the week.:D

Sorry everyone, we have one on LI that people come from miles around, and it has been written up; it is All American in Massappequa, NY. http://cityguide.aol.com/longisland/bestburgers

And you know what? again it is all about regional tastes. The first time I went to visit a friend who lives in MA I had a hamburger with mustard and ketchup, thought I was going to choke on it, yuk! On LI we do not have the mustard. So what may be food for the Gods somewhere may be considered food for the cattle elsewhere.:eek:

We were on the FOS this month and had to try the Johnny Rockets because the children love it. (We have JR here where we live and are very familiar with it.)

I must say - the JR on FOS is NOWHERE as good as the regular JR restaurants here. We were NOT impressed at all - service was very poor and the food was rather lacking.

Not sure exactly what the issue is...but we didn't enjoy it. Really stinks when you pay the entrance $$ and it isn't as enjoyable as we are used to.

I think you have a wonderful suggestion regarding replacement!!!!!

Archived