What to do with a 2 yr Old??

manclad

Myself, my wife, our (will be) two yr old son and his grandparents are going on a Mexican Riviera cruise with NCL in October.

We are wondering / looking for advice on what we should do at each of the ports (Acapulco / Ixtapa / Peurto V / Cabo) with the grandparents and 2 yr old!

I like the idea of pools and beaches and / or looking around towns.

I also like the idea of these day pass type of resorts with nice pools etc.

Would Really like to hear any advice / suggestions and also advice on:

a) Which are the best day pass type resorts at each port

b) Are the things in walking distance from where you get dropped off - as we really don't want to take his car set.

Thanks in advance.

Puerto Vallarta is easy - the Krystal Hotel is an easy walk and my 2 year old twins LOVED it (me too). Do a search on these boards and you'll find the easy walking directions. I pushed my double stroller from the ship. You pay $20 per adult for the day pass, which is then credited toward your food/beverage, so you can have a nice lunch by the pool.

They have a playground with swings/slides/climbing equipment. Go there first before it gets too hot. Then they have a wonderful children's pool. Bring blow up balls and toys - the other kids who are staying there will have toys, so it's good if your child has something to share when they all play together.

Then tip one of the workers for a nice spot in the shade on the beach and let your toddler nap in the stroller or play in the sand (bring cheap sand toys, or just improvise with plastic cups, etc.).

I haven't found anywhere in the other ports. I'll be interested to know if someone else has any ideas as we're doing the same cruise in January when my girls will be 3.

Best,

Mia

hello there

in ixtapa/zitunajo ( sp )

we went to las gatas beach by water taxi, it was perfect, shallow, not rough , great for kids,,,,

theres snorkel gear to rent, sand toys etc etc.. .our daughter who was 6 loved it , but it is great for the smaller kids too..

and the water taxis take you to a pier , you dont have to jump off on the beach like in cabo..

in acapulco we went to the turtle sanctuary and released a baby turtle. that was neat for the kids, you can take a taxi there and admission is free, they take donations only.. it was neat for the kids ...

in puerto vallarta we shopped, in cabo we went to medano beach. nice for kids but the water was rough when we were there, a hurricane just went through a few days before,,

you can see pics of our 2 trips on the NCL star on my webshots link ,

ixtapa is page 8 or 9 on the mexico cruise 11/2006

http://community.webshots.com/user/melika091900

any other questions let me know , feel free to email anytime

and NCL has a great pool for the lil ones, with waterslides. and a shallow area...

our daughter loved it

Archived