Radiance Dining room question

Have been looking at various pictures of the ship, and can not tell about the tables in the Dining room. I have booked a large table and am wondering how many is Large? 6-8-10??? What is a small table count verses large table.

What do you all choose and why? :confused::confused::confused:

Thanks

We had a table for 8 (one party traveling together), but could have gone as high as 10. We saw one very long table - didn't count, but looked like special arrangements had been made b/c it was surely more than 10 - family reunion or some such thing. Walking into the DR, we saw some tables for 2. I think they are very accommodating when needed.

CJ

My husband and I were seated at a long table for 12 on our first Radiance cruise. The next two we were at round tables for 8. We have always requested a large table. Our next cruise I think we'll get a table for 2 in the Windjammer, Chops or Portofino instead of eating in the dining room.

We had a small table for 4 on 2 of our Radiance cruises. One was near the kitchen door on the first floor with an indifferent waiter, but the other was next to a window, 2nd level, next to the window a great location with wonderful waite staff. The room is beautiful with sheer fabric two story columns. It is truly beautiful. If you want to try a speciality restaurant go on the Italian night. Even though the waiters sing it is the weakest menu IMHO. We have been on the Radiance 3 times and love, love, love the ship.

On Radiance, I observed that most (not all, but most) of the tables for 4/6 were on the 2nd level, whereas the 1st level had mostly large 8/10 or 10/12 tables. We much preferred the 2nd level because of the panoramic windows it had. Good natural lighting AND a view! Downstairs seemed busier and most tables would not be anywhere near the windows. What ever size you decide on, ask for 2nd level when you go to check your table just after boarding.

We also noticed the lower level has a little area that seemed "apart" from the dining room. Actually, it is near the entrance on the side and it seemed more like you were entering through the bus area than dining room entrance. I would not like to be in this area because you missed everything going on in the main dining area.

They served breakfast in the lower part of the diningroom, but I would think the funny little room I am talking about is too out of the way for the breakfast. Think of a "U" shape...the tip of the "U" being way apart from the main area.

Archived