Room across from self-serve laundry, anyone?

SoBaycruiser

Thanks! We are on Dawn in April 2009 for the Sidney to San Francisco trip. I was worried that people would use the laundry a lot on such a long trip.

How was your trip? Did you write a trip report? Do you have some "must sees" and "don't bother" excursions? How warm of clothes did you need for New Zealand in April. I wish Dawn went into LA (it's where we live) but we're just thrilled to have a room secured.

We didn't write a trip report; meant to but it never happened!! I am sure someone else did though. We needed pretty warm clothes for Fiordland, Dunedin and Christchurch but by the time we got to Wellington and Auckland it was very mild. It was the best cruise, weather wise of the season, according to Capt. Nick Bates - what a treasure he was!

We didn't do any Princess excursions at all; arranged all our own, even down to catching the local buses into town from Dunedin and Christchurch.

One "don't" is Tisa's Bar in Pango Pango - way overpriced. If you want to go there catch a local cab.

The cruise was sensational - we are repeating it backwards and bringing the Dawn down to you in September 2008 - that is if Princess doesn't cancel us! :(

Lido deck ... no laundry room up there, but take the elevator down to CARIBE deck, because the l.r. is at the front of the ship on that deck...all the rest, it's in the rear. When you get off the elevator, turn left and it's just a few doors down.

I pack a collapsible mesh laundry basket, which makes it easy to bring back freshly folded clothes when you're ready to return to the cabin.

was on the crown in november, 2006. had a room on aloha deck ,3 feet from the laundry room, in fact, when u walk out the door,there it is. found it very convenient and no noise whatsoever,the doors are vacuum packed to avoid the noise. enjoy your cruise

Archived