Norwegian Star

kiwicruiser

Has anyone stayed in AF 11062 on the Norwegian Star?

For the first time, we have opted for a mini suite rather than a balcony cabin. Is the mini suite worth it? Any recommendations for the best mini suite (and whether it should be port or starboard) for the Mexcian Riviera cruise?

This is also our first time on NCL, having only cruised Princess before - how do they compare?

Many thanks

• 10 months later...

Have you had your cruise yet? I booked an AF Cabin the week of Oct 11 '08. I was wondering, if you have completed your cruise, what your cabin was like? What side are (or were) you on? We are starboard. This is our first mini-suite instead of a balcony.

We were in a mini, 11102, starboard side and liked the location. It was closer to the elevator and further from being "under" the pool deck. It was very quiet and when we left Cabo, we had a great view! There were 3 of us in the room and it had a curtain that could be drawn to separate the bed area from the sitting area. It also had a separate "water closet" in the bathroom.

We are in 11092. In looking at the itinerary it appears that we are on the ocean side on the way down to Puerto Vallarta. Is this correct? Would we be better to have a cabin on the other side so we could see coming into the ports better? Thanks for any advice.

On the way down you will be on the ocean side, but I sat on the balcony and saw flying fish, dolphins and what I swear was a shark. After we left Cabo on the way home, we did have the land side and I was able to take pictures of some whales that weren't too far from the ship. As far as which side to be on when coming into port, I was always getting ready to head ashore and didn't pay attention to the view.

Archived