Stingray Sandbar & Rumpoint Beach

luvtacruise27

Just booked this excursion through Carnival for August cruise. Wondering if anyone has done it. Would appreciate any comments, etc........
We haven't done that exact excursion through Carnival, but last year we did the Rays, Reef, and Rum Point tour with Nativeway and had a great time. You'll enjoy the rays and Rum Point is a very pretty area.

This year we are renting a car and just driving up to Rum Point and a few other places on our own.

Have a great cruise,

John

We did this one this past week. I posted on another thread that my 12 year old daughter got freaked out by the rays and spent most of the time on the boat. The rest of our party enjoyed the rays. It is a little wierd at first with them all swimming around but cool once you get used to it.

The only problem we had was once we were bused to the boat and loaded we were told the excursion was cancelled due to engine problems. As we were getting off they found a replacement boat. We were happy we made it at all. Although the replacement boat was half the size of the original with the same number of people. A small cattle boat I would say but at least it got us there even though the back of tha boat was lower inthe water than it should have been. I think some people were rushed to get any food because it wasn't ready when we got to Rum point beach. Otherwise it was a good excursion to see the rays and you spend 1 hour at rum point beach. The boat took longer since it was overloaded for its size. We made it back in time to shop for about 1 hour. Then we waited in line with everyone else to tender back (about a 30 minute wait).

I would probably pick the wave runner excursion to the rays next time. It looked fun and they were fast.

We did this one this past week. I posted on another thread that my 12 year old daughter got freaked out by the rays and spent most of the time on the boat. The rest of our party enjoyed the rays. It is a little wierd at first with them all swimming around but cool once you get used to it.

The only problem we had was once we were bused to the boat and loaded we were told the excursion was cancelled due to engine problems. As we were getting off they found a replacement boat. We were happy we made it at all. Although the replacement boat was half the size of the original with the same number of people. A small cattle boat I would say but at least it got us there even though the back of tha boat was lower inthe water than it should have been. I think some people were rushed to get any food because it wasn't ready when we got to Rum point beach. Otherwise it was a good excursion to see the rays and you spend 1 hour at rum point beach. The boat took longer since it was overloaded for its size. We made it back in time to shop for about 1 hour. Then we waited in line with everyone else to tender back (about a 30 minute wait).

I would probably pick the wave runner excursion to the rays next time. It looked fun and they were fast.

Great info gigem85 thanks. I have a question. About how many people were on this excursion?

i suggest u cancel through carnival. Carnival boats have a lot of people and u dont get the personal attention. In addition, some of our tablemates who had the tour booked had it canceled DURING the cruise so they had to book something on the shore last minute which ended up being better for them.

I did the tour with nativeway watersports and they were amazing. there were only 8 people on the boat with us. they took us in an air conditioned van to thier boat. we did the reef first. my friend and I have never snorkeled and we really can barely swim so we had we had snorkel vests on and we were still practically drowning. the captain and guide of the boat personally took us to all the hotspots and showed us all the fish..we saw a barracuda, blowfish, and had an eel that was chasing us the whole time but the personal attention was great. then with the stingrays was amazing, we were in our own little area away from the crowds and the stingrays were all around us and they make sure everyone gets to hold on and take a picture with one and they will take pictures with you with your cameras if you want. Rum point beach lunch was great, more than expected and the beach was super relaxing and alone, very few people, they have chairs and hammocks and the water is great. and top it off the captain even let me and my friend drive the boat! it was an all around great experience and i would highly recommend them

I am considering nativeway for next year. How far away from port is Rum Point? Our ship docks 7:30 4:30. Will we have time to do all of this? Do they provide lunch or are you on your own? We did the stingrays for the 1st time at Half Moon Cay. Very small enclosed area, murky water. It was ok but I have read that this is a MUST DO for the Caymans. My DH is one of those, been there done that, but I'm thinking we should give it another try. Thanks for the feed back

Archived