6143 or 8185

Luxuriate

I know this is like beating a dead horse but I have the cruise of a lifetime and need to know should I take the AFT 8185 on Millennium or a CC 6143/6144 on Millennuim. I just don't know. HELP??? 14 night Australia.

Cheryl

My choice would be AFT CC 8185. Had it on Infinity October Hawaii Circle cruise last year and loved it. Balcony is 10 ft X 19 1/2 ft and mostly covered with about last 3 ft open.

Have not stayed in 6143/6144 though have read a lot about them. They are great cabins also. I just prefer the AFT CC over the side ones.

Here is a link to some photos I took of CC 8185 last year on Infinity.

http://sports.webshots.com/album/555545098DlUeUg

We have 8185 booked on the Constellation in December. Can you tell me what, if any, motion you felt during your cruise? We usually book a room midship, but really wanted to try the CC aft cabins.

Just a little rocking first couple of nights after leaving California and then a little again on last two nights returning to California. Not anything to worry about, I rather enjoy it. You feel you are on a ship at sea.

Unless you are very sensitive to motion, go for it, they are great.

Having been in both rooms on the Constellation, I would say 8185 hands down wins. I was not impressed at all with 6143. I even thought the room was a bit smaller and the door to go out on the balcony was different than the other doors. Go with 8185. In fact someone on the CC board has posted pictures of the 8185 balcony. Do a search to see if you get it or check under photos.

We loved our 6143 room on Constellation and have booked it again for an upcoming cruise. Very large balcony and room is approx 1 ft wider than other CC's. We have not traveled aft but do have one booked on a RCCL cruise. Hard decision I'm sure.

Archived