Should Carnival have Its Own Private Island?

DKMDE

Should Carnival have Its Own Private Island?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Should Carnival have Its Own Private Island?

• Yes
    • No

I chose yes, even though technically they have HMC. I just wish they would use it more often.

Use of Half Moon Cay is highly restricted as it is in a wilderness zone. I believe Holland America was given the right to develop the facility in exchange for some fairly serious cash to help protect the rest of the island(s).

Doc

Use of Half Moon Cay is highly restricted as it is in a wilderness zone. I believe Holland America was given the right to develop the facility in exchange for some fairly serious cash to help protect the rest of the island(s).

Doc

Huh?:confused: Starting in August, Carnival alone will be stopping there 4 times a month with Imagination and Triumph.

http://www.carnival.com/SearchResults.aspx?portCode=HMC&page=1

I'm sure your probably right but don't cruise ships travel the same distances.:confused:

Not all ships are created equal.

I voted yes. One of my favorite things about my first cruise, was that we had the busy port days where we did a lot of stuff and travelled around, and then we hit Princess Cays which was a nice relaxing day on the beach.

I wish Carnival would have that--and have it on a cruise out of NY :D

I'm sure your probably right but don't cruise ships travel the same distances.:confused:

Carnival made the announcement that this was the reason... all cruise lines are doing various things to help with rising fuel costs.. this was one of the things that Carnival did.... I don't understand your question about all cruise ships traveling the same distances... some places are further than others, so the answer would be.. no, they don't all travel the same distance.

I voted yes. One of my favorite things about my first cruise, was that we had the busy port days where we did a lot of stuff and travelled around, and then we hit Princess Cays which was a nice relaxing day on the beach.

I wish Carnival would have that--and have it on a cruise out of NY :D

Carnival DOES have that :p Perhaps not from NY... but they DO have that at half moon cay.

Don't they charge more for the cruises that go further? A southern itinerary is usually more than an eastern, which is more than a western (or did I get those last 2 backwards?), at least from Miami/Ft. Lauderdale.

I'd love a private island. You can only do so many straw markets and diamond shops :)

Don't they charge more for the cruises that go further? A southern itinerary is usually more than an eastern, which is more than a western (or did I get those last 2 backwards?), at least from Miami/Ft. Lauderdale.

I'd love a private island. You can only do so many straw markets and diamond shops :)

Not necessarily... You can get any of the caribbean cruises cheap, and you can pay an arm and a leg for one... depends on the demand, and supply... there are far more Western carib cruises, so eastern and southern tend to be more... I've paid just as much for a western though, as an eastern...

Come join us on the Imagination next October... we'll be going to half moon cay and grand turk :D

I would love Carnival to stop at a private island mainly because they need new courses. They should make it at Aruba or near because that is my favorite place out of the 26 cruises I've been on. I don't understand why they stopped going to Aruba, that is beautiful.

if they ever go that far again, they shld go to margarita island.

<<<Come join us on the Imagination next October... we'll be going to half moon cay and grand turk >>>

Wow, it's the first time I paid attention to the itinerary. We ARE stopping at half moon cay on our Imagination cruise (in the owner's suite!) in December. Now I'm even more psyched for this one!

I went to labadee once and truely enjoyed it there, the part I went too was owned by the Cruiseline, could of been RCCL, I can't remember.

Food, Drinks was served on the beach and water sports was available there.

Fred

I went to labadee once and truely enjoyed it there, the part I went too was owned by the Cruiseline, could of been RCCL, I can't remember.

Food, Drinks was served on the beach and water sports was available there.

Fred

Yep, Labadee is RCCL's. We went there a few years ago and Coco Cay was on the same itinerary, which I liked better.

I didn't vote in the poll, since Carnival technically already owns HMC (as well as Princess Cay) and uses it. I don't think they need another private island; I really love sea days on Carnival.

Yep, Labadee is RCCL's. We went there a few years ago and Coco Cay was on the same itinerary, which I liked better.

I didn't vote in the poll, since Carnival technically already owns HMC (as well as Princess Cay) and uses it. I don't think they need another private island; I really love sea days on Carnival.

I agree...

We never made it to Cococay due to weather... but I really wanted to... one of these days :o

Maybe I'm jaded because I live in Florida and have unlimited beach access, but I have no desire whatsoever to visit any cruise line's private island.

For some cruisers it is the only island they can enjoy the beach. They have so many thing to do on other islands that they need one stop they can enjoy the sand and sea. I loved Half Moon Cay for that reason. Now if every stop was more beach than anything, I agree, take a vacation in Florida. I think they try to balance it with islands that have tons of stuff to do.

Carnival uses Half Moom Cay so they may not own it but they use it. They don't need to buy another one.

Linda

I think it's nice when a cruise line has their own private island or area of an island to call their own. Both of the private islands that I've been to (Disney's Castaway Cay and Royal Caribbean's Labadee) were great for relaxing on the beach and were beautiful. The water was great there, perfect for swimming.

Archived