Sonesta Coconut Grove

cruiserbatten

We are staying here post cruise and are wondering what is the best beach to visit from here and how far is it? We are trying to decide whether we need to rent a car or not.

Thanks

If you want to visit a beach then you will definately have to rent a car or cab it. There are no beaches in the Coconut Grove area. You can take a short cab ride to Key Biscayne and visit Crandon park for a nice calm beach or you can head over to Miami Beach and go anywhere between 1st and 15th Street right off off Ocean Drive.

Thanks, I think Crandon Park sounds nice, about how far is it from The Sonesta, and is it on an island that you have to take a water taxi to, or can you just drive to it? What's the best way to get there? Thanks for all your help, everytime I have a question you answer it very quickly and knowledgeably.

Thanks, I think Crandon Park sounds nice, about how far is it from The Sonesta, and is it on an island that you have to take a water taxi to, or can you just drive to it? What's the best way to get there? Thanks for all your help, everytime I have a question you answer it very quickly and knowledgeably.

Crandon Park is about 15 minutes away from the Sonesta. You can drive there. There is a toll to get onto the key of $1.25. Just take South Bayshore Drive north until you see the signs for Key Biscayne at which point you will make a right straight towards the toll booths and basically drive straight over the causeway until you see the signs for Crandon Park, Hobie BEach which is right next to the Seaquarium before ou get to Crandon Park is also a nice beach. Lots of sailing, canoe and jet skit rentals and also the glider rentals

So which beach is nicer, crandon beach or hobie beach, it will be 2 adults with 3 childen ages 9-14, Also is there anything in particular besides the beach at Crandon park that we should do??

I like Hobie Beach. You can visit the Seaquarium, but in my opinion the Seaquarium is not anything special and not worth spending your money. Key Biscayne has a lot of trails that you can walk around or you can go to the very end of the Key and visit the lighthouse, known here as El Farito, there is a beach there as well. Not much else to do on the Key except beach and water sports.

Archived