Supper Club on the Legend - ???

rdrseller

While we are on the legend at the end of July, is the supper club a must do? Or is it just a maybe.

Trying to plan one really nice dinner with DH and will let the girls do their own thing.

Any suggestions?

I did the supper club on carnival miracle a year or so back and found that it wasnt all cracked up to be they screwed up all our orders the meat was tough and burned and the lobster was tasteless and one was cold needless to say they gave us a free meal and 4 bottles of champagne on the house.

While we are on the legend at the end of July, is the supper club a must do? Or is it just a maybe.

Trying to plan one really nice dinner with DH and will let the girls do their own thing.

Any suggestions?

The Golden Fleece. One of the hghlights of our cruise. Very nice. The filet is to die for. Enjoy! :D

The Golden Fleece. One of the hghlights of our cruise. Very nice. The filet is to die for. Enjoy! :D

I second that (a must do). The 24oz. porterhouse also was awesome!!:D

I'm a dad who cooks basic meals so I really enjoy the dining room food. On the Miracle one of the friends that went with us was a foodie.......and for a thanks for my making all of the cruise, flight, shore excursion and hotel arrangements......she treated to Nick and Nora's. Was it good for me yes but I would have been just as happy in the dining room. And for her SHE LOVED IT!!!

We are going back to the Miracle and I asked my wife if she wanted to do it again with just the two of us, let's just say we aren't going to rush to make reservations next time.

I realize I am in the minority here, but I feel it really depends on where you come from.........I look at it as $60(for two) plus drinks and tip........that's a nice part of my next cruise when I'm getting 7 day cruises for $500/person. It's kind of like the "I'd rather cruise twice a year in an inside vs once in a balcony"..................I'd rather cruise twice in a year eating in the average dining room vs having my meals in the supper club.

Any suggestions?

Not sure that I would list it as a "must" - because the food in the dining room was fantastic.

DH and I did the Golden Fleece on our Legend cruise last February to celebrate our 25th anniversary. It was wonderful - the food and service were outstanding. It was a great experience - but I still do not feel like we "must" do it again, another time. The 30.00/pp charge + our drinks was very reasonable considering the food and service that was provided

But to answer your question.....for us it is not a "must" - but probably is a "maybe". Especially if you want something extra special ;) !

I agree with happy.

Definitely a "maybe" - but doesn't have to be a "must"!

It really depends on what you like. It would make a nice romantic dinner with that special someone! But it doesn't, I was with my mother and sister. Our table was the first one to the left of the freaky see-thru staircase! (The staircase I could do without - scared of heights!)

I'm a very picky eater, and loved it. The wild mushroom sauce was amazing! I'd go back just for that alone. If I could only duplicate it ...

Obviously, I enjoyed it very much! The atmosphere was nice, the staff was extremely attentive. Overall it was a very pleasant experience. But to each it's own.

We did the Golden Fleece last November on the Legend. I had read several posts that raved about it so we decided to try it. Simply wonderful.!!!!!!! It made for a wonderful evening. It was well worth the extra money. Go and enjoy. You only go around once as they say. The filet as someone else said was wonderful.

Dan

I'm looking forward to sailing on the Legend in December of this year. My wife and I will be celebrating 5 years and I would like to try the place out on our anniversary night. Keep these posts coming... :)

I'm looking forward to sailing on the Legend in December of this year. My wife and I will be celebrating 5 years and I would like to try the place out on our anniversary night. Keep these posts coming... :)

Go and enjoy a wonderful experience. We toured the Golden Fleece during the day and was able to pick out the table we wanted to sit at. From start to finish we were there about 2 1/2 hours. Take my advice from another Tarheel, you will be pleasantly surprised. !!!!!

Dan

We thought the food was very, very good, but I'm not sure that the food alone would make it a MUST do for me, given that you're paying $30pp and the regular dining room food is pretty good. But given the more intimate space, the quieter, more elegant atmosphere, the attentive staff, the dance floor... all that combined with the quality of the food makes it a must. For us.

After a whole bunch of cruises I was convinced to finally try it. It is hard for me cause my brothers build 5-Star restaurants here in the Tampa, FL area and I am pretty spoiled.

We LOVED it and yes we will do it again...everytime a ship we are sailing has it!

Like others have responded, it is more than just the food, it is also the atmosphere! The presentation was wonderful, especially on the dessert!

Archived