Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future

I've got it. ROFL Here are office elevator etiquette rules. From now on I'm going to pretend to think the elevator is going one way - "it's a mistake, I didn't mean to get in here and now I'm just along for the ride!" :D rule number 13. No more waiting my turn for me.

These rules are so funny....

http://www.examiner.com/life-the-cubicle-in-national/unwritten-rules-of-the-office-elevator-etiquette

The one about what day it is doesn't work for an RCI ship - Rule number 4

Gina

Jewel is not have the same reconstructive surgery like Radiance is. Jewel is basically going in for azipod repair/maintenance. And possible a quick spit shine of the brass and silver.:D

They could never do to Jewel in one week what they are planning to do the Radiance in 3.

I think it looks tacky, but this is just my opinion.

It's pretty routine on a cruise for someone to have a drink in the elevator all day long. I just don't enjoy having it spilled on my foot which has happened.

Gina

We're on the Jewel's TA May 6, 2011, the first cruise after drydock. Since the drydock is only one week long, is it possible to do all the changes in that short time period. Some have speculated that they will be doing a quick mechanical drydock. I'm a major fan of the Radiance class ships and have done several TA's on the Jewel and Brilliance and I'm sad to see the changes take place. I'm not particularly happy with the upcoming changes since the new venues are in areas that I've loved. I've been on the Oasis as well as Celebrity's Soltice as well as many other cruise lines and always find myself comparing them to the Radiance class. We've had many wonderful sea days on TA's playing MahJongg in the beautiful card room as well as lounging in the large banquets in the outdoor Windjammer. I know, change is inevitable but it makes me grumpy. :(

Am I the only one who gets confused when other ships are mentioned on this thread :confused: - I probably am, but I swear my eye went right over the "Jewel" and I was really confused by the "May 6" and "1 week dry dock" LOL! :o

After I re read it I felt much better! :D

Nope ... after I posted this I saw there were other comment too and I see I wasn't the only one confused :cool: (glad it isn't just me :p)

It's pretty routine on a cruise for someone to have a drink in the elevator all day long. I just don't enjoy having it spilled on my foot which has happened.

Gina

Not only your foot, but other feet as well.:D Of course, we can't just stop with feet, there are arms, shoulders, backs and for those gentlemen and ladies who are really tall.........sometimes your hair can get slightly enhanced.:p

Just off the Jewel and the Hotel Director, the fabulous Robert Taggart, indicated that the upcoming drydock is just as you describe. He believes that since Jewel was the last Radiance class ship to debut, it will also will be the last to receive the changes and it may be as much as two years before that happens. At least by that time they should know which new things work and which don't and those of us who love the Jewel should benefit.

Not sure about their decision to put Jewel on 4 and 5 night cruises out of Tampa unless it is to encourage us to book B2Bs. Design of the ship just seems better suited to the longer cruises she usually does.

Bill

Am I the only one who gets confused when other ships are mentioned on this thread :confused: - I probably am' date=' but I swear my eye went right over the "Jewel" and I was really confused by the "May 6" and "1 week dry dock" LOL! :o

After I re read it I felt much better! :D

Nope ... after I posted this I saw there were other comment too and I see I wasn't the only one confused :cool: (glad it isn't just me :p)[/quote']

Perhaps a class in reading comprehension will help.:p

I've got it. ROFL Here are office elevator etiquette rules. From now on I'm going to pretend to think the elevator is going one way - "it's a mistake, I didn't mean to get in here and now I'm just along for the ride!" :D rule number 13. No more waiting my turn for me.

These rules are so funny....

http://www.examiner.com/life-the-cubicle-in-national/unwritten-rules-of-the-office-elevator-etiquette

Gina

Actually, one of them is my pet peeve "

12. Do not enter the elevator until you are sure people are done exiting the elevator

It's called "waiting 3 seconds".

This has happened to me many times and the worst offenders have been the parents with small children. The kids are excited to get on the elevator and barge ahead. But the parents make no effort to teach them manners, they just follow the kids on into the elevator while people are trying to exit.

Linda (and C. D.)

4. Depending on the day of the week, refrain from conversations regarding the fact that it's Monday, Hump Day, or TGIF.

There is never a good reason to discuss the day of the week, let alone in an elevator.

This rule does not apply to RCI ships. You have to discuss the day of the week displayed on the floor. Especially if you get on the elevator at 12:01am :D

I have tried to find the menus for the speciality restaurants on the Radiance and have not been able to find them anywhere. Does anyone know whether either restaurants have lobster on the menu as an entree?

We want to make a reservation on-line for the speciality restaurant so we can be certain to use our Diamond Plus coupons on the first night. We understand one of the restaurants has lobster on the menu, but we haven't been able to find out which. I know we can wait until we board to look at the menus and make the reservation, but I am concerned we won't get our preferred time period if we don't make the reservation on-line in advance.

I have tried to find the menus for the speciality restaurants on the Radiance and have not been able to find them anywhere. Does anyone know whether either restaurants have lobster on the menu as an entree?

We want to make a reservation on-line for the speciality restaurant so we can be certain to use our Diamond Plus coupons on the first night. We understand one of the restaurants has lobster on the menu, but we haven't been able to find out which. I know we can wait until we board to look at the menus and make the reservation, but I am concerned we won't get our preferred time period if we don't make the reservation on-line in advance.

Go to post #15 on Chops & Portifino

I hope your cruise is planned prior to May 20th as Portofino is being replaced by Giovanni's Table when Radiance goes into drydock

Actually, one of them is my pet peeve "

12. Do not enter the elevator until you are sure people are done exiting the elevator

It's called "waiting 3 seconds".

This has happened to me many times and the worst offenders have been the parents with small children. The kids are excited to get on the elevator and barge ahead. But the parents make no effort to teach them manners, they just follow the kids on into the elevator while people are trying to exit.

Linda (and C. D.)

I've also had the opposite happen. I stand outside and wait, no one makes a move inside, so I begin to walk in and suddenly they decide to get out. I wonder what they are waiting on. The 10 second rule? Three seconds is a good wait time, I agree. Bad manners in this regard isn't limited to the little ones. It's also amazing how many people will stand in the way of people who need to get out from the back and clearly say excuse me....only for the person to continue to stand in the door way. Sometimes stepping out and then back in is required.

Gina

Sure! Everyone on here knows that ;)

June 10

It will prove interesting to see how all the changes play out! We have cabin 1102 booked for sept. and have always enjoyed eating in the open area of WJ. Worst case' date=' we still have that view from our balcony!

Dean[/color']

It will prove interesting to see how all the changes play out! We have cabin 1102 booked for sept. and have always enjoyed eating in the open area of WJ. Worst case, we still have that view from our balcony!

Dean

You'll still be able to enjoy the outdoor WJ http://community.webshots.com/photo/...46097424FuqBML

This is the enclosed area of the outdoor WJ where we think Rita's Cantina is going to be located Windjammer Outdoor Seating Area

It will prove interesting to see how all the changes play out! We have cabin 1102 booked for sept. and have always enjoyed eating in the open area of WJ. Worst case, we still have that view from our balcony!

Dean

Are you on the Sept 2? If yes, we will be neighbors!! I am 1104 :D

Patti, that makes PERFECT sense! How could they operate an open restaurant ... I always wondered about that :o I didn't realize there was an enclosed area.

Sure! Everyone on here knows that ;)

June 10

I sure do......we are booked for Alaska on the 10th. So looking forward to sailing Radiance again.....and saling Alaska again too.......it will be our first cruise tour too.

You'll still be able to enjoy the outdoor WJ http://community.webshots.com/photo/...46097424FuqBML

This is the enclosed area of the outdoor WJ where we think Rita's Cantina is going to be located Windjammer Outdoor Seating Area

Now I am confused:confused: I thought that area was going to be the Samba Grill - and Rita's was going where Seaview is now.

Archived