Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future

Yes, it does! We were on a five night cruise just two weeks ago and the BOGO coupon was there.

Thanks so much. I think we might use that this time. I just didn't want to make the reservations and then there not be a coupon!

Sailing on Radiance April 21. Anyone have an idea what time the embarkation buffet is served until in the Windjammer ?

Thanks!

Worldspan

128 cruises

Our Cruise Compass from 3/28/11 says the Welcome Aboard Buffet is served until 3:45.

Has anyone stayed in cabin 9072? Wondering if there is a noise problem - sure hope not.

Hummmmmm . . . wonder if Juan Diego will be there???

We will be going to Alaska once again in August on the Radiance - just 1 more time before she leaves the US. We absolutely love this ship and have sailed on her time and time again.

Has anyone stayed in cabin 9072? Wondering if there is a noise problem - sure hope not.

We will be going to Alaska once again in August on the Radiance - just 1 more time before she leaves the US. We absolutely love this ship and have sailed on her time and time again.

Have not stayed in 9072 but have stayed in several different cabins on deck 9--down the hall from you several rooms plus across the hall and down a couple. Have never, ever noticed any noise problems. We really like deck 9 and will be in 9578 when it goes to Australia. We get on in Honolulu and stay onboard (same cabin) for a B2B2B!! Only cabin I recommend NOT to get is cabin 9032--not because of noise but because its a very "squished" room, not normal sized. We didn't have a couch, just an oversized chair that 2 skinny people couldn't both sit in. Balcony is very tiny and odd shaped also.

Enjoy Alaska--we've been 3 times and I'm sure will go again sometime. Our favorite Alaska cruise was a cruise/tour that began in Calgary. We went by Rocky Mountaineer train over to Vancouver to catch the ship, then up to Alaska. From Calgary you travel by train during the day but stop and night and stay in hotels. Very nice and you don't miss any of the gorgeous scenery in the Rocky Mountains.

Linda (and C. D.)

Juan Diego is taking a month off. He'll be gone most of August.

Gina

Maybe he'll be back when we sail on the 19th. We really like him.

He'll be back on the 26th....the day you get off. Maybe you will be lucky and have Georgina on board and filling in for him as has been the case during his last few vacations. You'll love her, too, without a doubt.

Gina

Just sailed on the Radiance and had a great cruise. Great weather, calm seas, and a terrific balcony made for a great time. Further details to follow when I fully recover. Stayed in stateroom 1602 a aft cabin. Besides a couple of miner issues it was great. Any questions just ask.

I am just replying because for some reason I am NOT receiving email notices of new posts :( ... just seeing if this will help

I've been having a whole lot of page loading issues here so it may be cc troubles. If you still have a subscription, maybe it will resolve itself soon.

Gina

Hi, We will be on the Radiance for the first time in July for an Alaskan cruise and just curious where Juan Diego works and who is he? We are really excited about our first time on the Radiance, first time in Alaska and first time as Diamond status as well as being one of the first cruisers after the drydock of Radiance.

We were on Serenade in August, I believe the same cruise you were on Mommabean and loved the layout of this ship. Can't wait till we sail in 82 days!

Hi, We will be on the Radiance for the first time in July for an Alaskan cruise and just curious where Juan Diego works and who is he? We are really excited about our first time on the Radiance, first time in Alaska and first time as Diamond status as well as being one of the first cruisers after the drydock of Radiance.

We were on Serenade in August, I believe the same cruise you were on Mommabean and loved the layout of this ship. Can't wait till we sail in 82 days!

Juan Diego is the concierge. If you are in a suite you will have access to the concierge lounge along with the D+ guests. Otherwise you won't see him unless you just pass in the hall or sneak a peek in the door.

We are doing the same B2B on Serenade again in August - same weeks as last year. We liked it so much last year it's worth doing again. We'll miss Dominica though but it will be our first time to St. Kitts.

Gina

Just sailed on the Radiance and had a great cruise. Great weather, calm seas, and a terrific balcony made for a great time. Further details to follow when I fully recover. Stayed in stateroom 1602 a aft cabin. Besides a couple of miner issues it was great. Any questions just ask.

<<Just sailed on the Radiance and had a great cruise. Great weather, calm seas, and a terrific balcony made for a great time. Further details to follow when I fully recover. Stayed in stateroom 1602 a aft cabin. Besides a couple of miner issues it was great. Any questions just ask.>>

Also just sailed on the Radiance.. had cabins on Level 4... musty smells abound, but sure loved being right next to elevators, and stairs, and seeing the ocean right outside the port. However, one night a security guard was posted outside the cabin next door, and we heard someone inside yelling.. Some sort of altercation.. but no idea what was going on... and no one offered any explanations... ?? Beautiful ship... have sailed on Navigator before and didn't care for the " Mall" area.. loved the open feel of Radiance.. MTD was perfect for our family of 4, had the same table AND the same waiter every night. Ronnie, our assistant waiter was a hoot! We looked forward to his smile every night at dinner. Food was so- so.... didn't do any specialty dining..

Plumbing issues are problems for all ocean going vessels. as everyone knows the system works on a vacuum system so when you flush it is noisey. we can help by only putting down the toilet what is supposed to go down the toilet ie- toilet paper breaks down very quickly when in water but paper hand towels don't (hence you find lots of air hand dryers in public areas) so if a item not designed for the system goes down the toilet and the vacuum system can't move it, everything behind it can block the pipes until the crew find the blockage and clear it. Another thought is what if everybody flushed at the same time, the pipes don't get bigger to cope. Over the years pipes are not as efficient as they were when new due age and what has gone through them overtime so more care from passengers would help the system and the crew;).

Steve

Hi. I'm really looking forward to my NZ cruise on Radiance in December:D:D. I have been ploughing through the information but cannot find any of the treads about the dry dock changes coming up. Can someone please direct me? or give me another run down. I know what is on their web site, but I remember reading about lots of other things.

Also I am very confused about the costs for the new eating places. For example - the Sushi place. Is that a cover charge to get in then eat (as in Chops) or is it a pay per item place (as in the Coffee shop)?

Thanks.

I thought the Radiance was brilliant last July, so cannot imagine how nice it will be after a makeover.

Raina

Australia:p

Hi. I'm really looking forward to my NZ cruise on Radiance in December:D:D. I have been ploughing through the information but cannot find any of the treads about the dry dock changes coming up. Can someone please direct me? or give me another run down. I know what is on their web site, but I remember reading about lots of other things.

Also I am very confused about the costs for the new eating places. For example - the Sushi place. Is that a cover charge to get in then eat (as in Chops) or is it a pay per item place (as in the Coffee shop)?

Thanks.

I thought the Radiance was brilliant last July, so cannot imagine how nice it will be after a makeover.

Raina

Hi

I know you said you already saw this on the RCI website, but I will link the page specifically on Radiance (and the enhancements) anyway just in case someone else needs it.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSiteletSub.do;jsessionid=0000nbf91s75xLTq123n6CoD7ve:15lbbprgn?pagename=sub_royal_advantage_RD&pagenameMain=royal_advantage_main&discriminators=0

Here is the menu for Izumi ... you can pay per item OR pay for a "set combination" (which I think looks like a great deal!)

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experience/html.do?exCode=961

Thanks.

Raina

Hi

I know you said you already saw this on the RCI website' date=' but I will link the page specifically on Radiance (and the enhancements) anyway just in case someone else needs it.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSiteletSub.do;jsessionid=0000nbf91s75xLTq123n6CoD7ve:15lbbprgn?pagename=sub_royal_advantage_RD&pagenameMain=royal_advantage_main&discriminators=0

Here is the menu for Izumi ... you can pay per item OR pay for a "set combination" (which I think looks like a great deal!)

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experience/html.do?exCode=961[/quote']

I have found the following article where it mentions Izumi and Boardwalk Dog House coming to Radiance, although is this definately for Radiance? I didn't see these two mentioned on the RCI website for Radiance's enhancements.

http://www.travelpulse.com/royal-caribbean-plans-major-overhaul-of-radiance-of-the-seas.html

Archived