Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future

Edwin was a headwaiter in the MDR just prior to being manager in Chops. Lilla was manager of Chops while Edwin was away. Lilla returned for the 5 night cruise as manager of Portfino. Since it is now removed, Lilla will become the Samba Grill manager. Both Edwin and Lilla are really terrific.

I would still be willing to book Chops for $30 on the first night with the 2 for 1 coupon. I'd really like it if the next edition coupon book would include that coupon for any of the specialty restaurants.

The one restaurant I really don't understand how or why it is priced as it is - Izumi. Why a cover charge AND ala carte pricing?

Gina

Edwin was a headwaiter in the MDR just prior to being manager in Chops. Lilla was manager of Chops while Edwin was away. Lilla returned for the 5 night cruise as manager of Portfino. Since it is now removed, Lilla will become the Samba Grill manager. Both Edwin and Lilla are really terrific.

I would still be willing to book Chops for $30 on the first night with the 2 for 1 coupon. I'd really like it if the next edition coupon book would include that coupon for any of the specialty restaurants.

The one restaurant I really don't understand how or why it is priced as it is - Izumi. Why a cover charge AND ala carte pricing?

Gina

Hi Gina! Thanks for the update. Lilla is one of our most favorite people onboard! We got to know her from previous cruises and she is a delightful person. I am very happy she will be the manager of the Samba Grill! :D

Hi Gina! Thanks for the update. Lilla is one of our most favorite people onboard! We got to know her from previous cruises and she is a delightful person. I am very happy she will be the manager of the Samba Grill! :D

Have you met her husband Marek? He is an HW and can be found in MTD sometimes. Or is it Marik. I can never remember the spelling. He is an unusually nice, polite and pleasant man. I find Radiance has a lot of really nice and visible Headwaiters.

Gina

Patti--

Thanks for the great link. Keep 'em coming. It's easier to visualize what they are doing now. They are losing some of the outside area. I wonder if there will be outside seating for Samba Grill.

Frank in sunny and CALM SBA:cool:

Will Mystery Dinners be offered on Radiance? What is the cost for this? How do you book this / does it become available to book on your cruise personaliser? Thanks for your help! :)

The Murder Mystery Dinner was held at Portofino. With Portofino being replaced with Giovanni's.......that's a good question. Looks like we will have to wait until her first sailing after dry dock so that we can get a report back. I have a friend doing the June 10th cruise, so I will have her check.

I believe that the cost of the dinner was $49pp for a 4 course dinner. It had a set menu with limited selections............but lots of wine.

Have you met her husband Marek? He is an HW and can be found in MTD sometimes. Or is it Marik. I can never remember the spelling. He is an unusually nice, polite and pleasant man. I find Radiance has a lot of really nice and visible Headwaiters.

Gina

Sorry, Gina- I have been working 3-11 back to back shifts! No, I don't remember meeting Marek. I would love to be able to keep in touch with Lilla. Should have asked her when I was onboard. If you see her soon, please tell her we were asking about her. I have red hair so maybe she will remember us!! :D

I hope anyone who wanted the lower restaurant prices got their reservations booked. As you may know by now, the price increase I mentioned has already taken place. :(

Gina

I must have missed this. So all the prices are going up? Or is it just Chops? Drat! This is the first cruise that we were going to try the pay venues. I was thinking of booking Rita's for lunch, and Chops and Samba's for dinner. Did I also read that someone said Chops is changing their menu?

I must have missed this. So all the prices are going up? Or is it just Chops? Drat! This is the first cruise that we were going to try the pay venues. I was thinking of booking Rita's for lunch, and Chops and Samba's for dinner. Did I also read that someone said Chops is changing their menu?

Yes, post 4314 on May 29 I mentioned the increase in Chops and Chef's Table - both of which would go up on all ships. Apparently the price has also been raised at Giovanni's, too. For those who pre-booked already, they locked in the original prices. All others will pay the higher price since the website prices have already been adjusted upwards.

Gina

Here are two photos of the new Chops Menu..........

DSCN2533.jpg

DSCN2532.jpg

Thanks for the menu. That's going to be a tough decision. The halibut and the filet both sound good. And the potato choice is going to be difficult also. How are the onion rings? Anyone know if they are the big thick type or the crispy thin shoe string size. I like the big thick ones.

Thanks for the menu. That's going to be a tough decision. The halibut and the filet both sound good. And the potato choice is going to be difficult also. How are the onion rings? Anyone know if they are the big thick type or the crispy thin shoe string size. I like the big thick ones.

The onion rings we had at Chops on Enchantment were the big thick ones.

Does anyone know when they are going to release the Radiance itineraries from late Sept. 2012 and onward? The last one listed right now is 9/7/12, Anchorage to Vancouver.

Thanks,

Alan

That's great!! Have you had anything that you didn't like at Chops?

Everything we had was wonderful from the appetizers to the Red Velvet Cake for dessert. :D Though, a piece of that is enough for 2 people.

We especially like the fact that they have downsized the entree portions. But the appetizers, soups, salads, and sides are the same portion size as they used to be. The baked potato has been also been down sized slightly. But still enough for 2 people.

Does anyone know when they are going to release the Radiance itineraries from late Sept. 2012 and onward? The last one listed right now is 9/7/12, Anchorage to Vancouver.

Thanks,

Alan

Might not be until last summer/fall of this year.

Archived