Radiance of the Seas.....Past - Present - Future

I just went and listened. I guess people WANT to hear replumbed. Reformed sounds like an odd choice of word and I could barely understand it. Whatever he said, it's not close to replumbed.

I would have said updated....because even saying remodeled is too strong a word for what they are doing.

Gina

I guess it was just wishful thinking.:(

I just went and listened. I guess people WANT to hear replumbed. Reformed sounds like an odd choice of word and I could barely understand it. Whatever he said, it's not close to replumbed.

I would have said updated....because even saying remodeled is too strong a word for what they are doing.

Gina

I don't want to disagree with you ... but I will. ;)

Listened to it again for the 20th time and the word is not "reformed" There is definitely a hard "p" sound.

He says "_____ and enhanced"

Even if it is true that they did not fix plumbing that is a moot point. We are just trying to clarify what was said here and at this point with everyone saying that the plumbing was not addressed (and it is probably true) I can keep an open mind to what I am hearing ...

He said "replumbed"

"reformed and enhanced" does not make much sense.

I don't want to disagree with you ... but I will. ;)

Listened to it again for the 20th time and the word is not "reformed" There is definitely a hard "p" sound.

He says "_____ and enhanced"

Even if it is true that they did not fix plumbing that is a moot point. We are just trying to clarify what was said here and at this point with everyone saying that the plumbing was not addressed (and it is probably true) I can keep an open mind to what I am hearing ...

He said "replumbed"

"reformed and enhanced" does not make much sense.

Really, he sounds as if he has cotton stuffed in his mouth. I even listened to it on my iphone with it up to my ear and there is no mention of plumbing. He is speaking about the rooms themselves, not the bathrooms specifically.

But reformed and enhanced does make perfect sense. It doesn't sound clear but I believe that's what is being said. The enhancements are the flat screen TVs all rooms are getting. We do know all the bathrooms will be retiled as another enhancement. The word reformed...means - as the first dictionary definition - "amended by removal of faults, abuses, etc." And those rooms have been abused. New carpeting alone would be a part of the reformation. Hopefully the damaged drawers and cabinets will be attended to. There are sliding balcony doors that could also us a little reformation. :)

I find it highly unlikely that the faucets and plumbing fixtures themselves will even be replaced. As for ship plumbing - people always hoped they would re-plumb the entire ship. They already did that over the last few years. There is no chance they would be doing it again. Some larger pipes down below have been done during dry-dock as I was told by a crew member who's room was affected by the repairs.

Gina

We had the same type of problem on the same cruise. We had to pump the button in just the right way to get the toilet to flush.

We did see a load of leaks on this cruise but then we didn't see a single leak on the following 5 night cruise.

Gina

Leaks, didn't see a one.....but then we didn't have far to go to our cabin 9078 the first cabin on the port side foreword of the elevators.

Gina, sorry we never got a chance to meet...we must of been hiding out in different places! :D ;)

Leaks, didn't see a one.....but then we didn't have far to go to our cabin 9078 the first cabin on the port side foreword of the elevators.

Gina, sorry we never got a chance to meet...we must of been hiding out in different places! :D ;)

Hi Linda, just wondering if you have any photos of the balcony on these larger hump / bump cabins? Thanks for your help :)

Hi Linda, just wondering if you have any photos of the balcony on these larger hump / bump cabins? Thanks for your help :)

Yes I have one, but I can only post as thumb nail pictures.

We step measured the balcony it was 15 feet deep and 10 feet wide. It had one lounger, 2 chairs and a table...DH used the lounger almost daily, very nice!

DSC01759.jpg.4c9b1d7b946ebf2eec74c4f96c69618a.jpg

Below is the balcony of cabin 8102 on the Jewel (a sister to the Radiance). It's on deck 8 on the port side just aft of the elevators -smaller cabin than 9078 but a big balcony:

IMG_5682.JPG

IMG_5683.JPG

Yes I have one, but I can only post as thumb nail pictures.

We step measured the balcony it was 15 feet deep and 10 feet wide. It had one lounger, 2 chairs and a table...DH used the lounger almost daily, very nice!

Below is the balcony of cabin 8102 on the Jewel (a sister to the Radiance). It's on deck 8 on the port side just aft of the elevators -smaller cabin than 9078 but a big balcony:

Thank you so much Linda and Amy for your photos, much appreciated! Looks like a fantastic balcony. I have read on CC that some say these balconies are cave-like and dark, what were your experiences? If we are wanting to sit in direct sun we will sit at the pool deck, but hoping to have a bit of daylight in the balcony. Thanks again! :)

Thank you so much Linda and Amy for your photos, much appreciated! Looks like a fantastic balcony. I have read on CC that some say these balconies are cave-like and dark, what were your experiences? If we are wanting to sit in direct sun we will sit at the pool deck, but hoping to have a bit of daylight in the balcony. Thanks again! :)

It's kind of hard to say. I had that balcony for a Scandinavia/Russia cruise and we didn't see the sun very much. As you can see, though, it's light enough to read out there, but there's not as much light as on a standard balcony. It wasn't a problem for me - I avoid the sun whenever I can. :rolleyes:

It's kind of hard to say. I had that balcony for a Scandinavia/Russia cruise and we didn't see the sun very much. As you can see, though, it's light enough to read out there, but there's not as much light as on a standard balcony. It wasn't a problem for me - I avoid the sun whenever I can. :rolleyes:

Thanks Amy, as we are not wanting a balcony with direct sunlight, these larger hump / bump balconies sound great :)

Your very welcome! I too had heard that cabin 9078 balcony was cave like. I found it to be quite nice and very private! The steel wall didn't bother me at all, I expected it to be dark and it wasn't.

I would book this cabin again!!!! Loved the location!!!!!

I was also afraid of the CL above and noise, that too was not an issue....and now that the CL has been replaced by a family suite, the most noise someone would hear would be the kids jumping off the beds!! :eek: :D

Your very welcome! I too had heard that cabin 9078 balcony was cave like. I found it to be quite nice and very private! The steel wall didn't bother me at all, I expected it to be dark and it wasn't.

I was also afraid of the CL above and noise, that too was not an issue....and now that the CL has been replaced by a family suite, the most noise someone would hear would be the kids jumping off the beds!! :eek: :D

I have the chance to book this room for a B2B on RD. This is exactly my concern now. I have 9578 booked and am thinking the slightly larger balcony will be sufficient. The thought of kids running around the room above isn't a good thought. I've been in a room next to out of control children and it wasn't nice.

I guess I really don't feel the need for a huge balcony but I certainly wouldn't be opposed to it. If it still had the CL above it, I'd jump on the chance to book it.

Have you or anyone been in 9578 - the same room on the other side? Is the size difference in the balcony even noticable?

Gina

Linda, now I really need your help. Although this may not apply to my cabin on the other side, did yours have the full set of shelves at the end of the dresser just past the TV? It will be a corner unit just across from the corner of the foot of the bed.

I saw pictures of what is supposed to be 9578 and there were no corner shelves. All the other D cabins OFF the hump have these shelves. The room will not work for us without these shelves.

I've booked other hump cabins to find they are not the same as the equivalent category off the hump. All rooms aren't really made from the exact same prefab unit. They are able to modify them to fit where they need to be.

A perfect example are the GS on the hump which have a corner cut off and the GS on the aft corner which is nothing like the rest of them and doesn't even have a bar in it.

Any info or pictures of the inside of the room will be great. Your memory of the room is probably all I need.

Gina

I have the chance to book this room for a B2B on RD. This is exactly my concern now. I have 9578 booked and am thinking the slightly larger balcony will be sufficient. The thought of kids running around the room above isn't a good thought. I've been in a room next to out of control children and it wasn't nice.

Have you or anyone been in 9578 - the same room on the other side? Is the size difference in the balcony even noticable?

Gina

We're booked in 9578 for our B2B2B (Hawaii-Australia-New Zealand) this fall! We were in room 9580 last year and went into room 9578 (next door)on a Cabin Crawl.

The balcony is somewhat larger (we could tell the difference from a regular balcony) and it was a fine size (in both cabins). Could have gotten 9580 on this B2B2B because we booked as soon as the sailing opened. The reason we didn't was because we had major toliet problems in 9580 and 9578 had only minor problems. Don't know if that's because 9578 is offset from 9580 or what but we decided not to take a chance. The whole ship was having problems but our room was definitely one of the worst.

You'll enjoy this cabin. We love the mid-ship location!

Linda (and C. D.)

Linda, now I really need your help. Although this may not apply to my cabin on the other side, did yours have the full set of shelves at the end of the dresser just past the TV? It will be a corner unit just across from the corner of the foot of the bed.

I saw pictures of what is supposed to be 9578 and there were no corner shelves. All the other D cabins OFF the hump have these shelves. The room will not work for us without these shelves.

Gina

Another "Linda" here! When we did the cabin crawl, the only thing I noticed that from different between our cabin 9580 and 9578 next door was a set of shelves we had in 9580 between the vanity and the closet. 9578 didn't have it. This was a couple of shelves below, vanity top extending over, and 2 very shallow magazine rack type shelves above. This "extra" unit wasn't very wide, maybe 14" wide. These shelves underneath were fairly shallow as I recall, perhaps 8" deep.

Sorry I didn't take any pics of 9580 on the cabin crawl. This is something I need to remember to start doing!

Linda (and C. D.)

You can click on the last picture in this group of pictures from an aft D2 cabin on Radiance.

These are the shelves I want. We definitely don't want the cabin without these shelves, location or balcony isn't what we are interested in. The lack of shelves is the deal breaker.

We are happy with a standard balcony.

We can walk to the back.

Domestic tranquility requires the shelves. :o

I have just given up my Sept 2011 9576 and replaced it with 8168 - corner aft WITH shelves.

I really don't believe the hump has this corner unit.

Gina

Gina, do you know who the CD will be when we go to Australia on September 27? I know that Kirk has gone to Azamara and somebody a while back mentioned that the CD replacing him was actually from Australia.

Edit: Found my answer. Keith somebody is now on board through the Alaska season.

Gina, do you know who the CD will be when we go to Australia on September 27? I know that Kirk has gone to Azamara and somebody a while back mentioned that the CD replacing him was actually from Australia.

Edit: Found my answer. Keith somebody is now on board through the Alaska season.

The big question is when will they switch. I'm think the switch will take place in Hawaii but I'm not positive.

Gina

I have switched to 9078 rather than 9578. If 9078 is like Jewel 9092, it will have the shelves. From all I've been able to find about starboard side humps on RD, there are no shelves. I don't see them in a single picture. But I've seen very clearly that 9584 does not have them. :(

If you remember if there were corner shelves specifically to the outside of the TV 9078, please let me know.

Gina

The big question is when will they switch. I'm think the switch will take place in Hawaii but I'm not positive.

Gina

Do you remember when Rob was the Activities Manager under Kirk? He was from Australia and we all said that he would be a CD someday.

About 9078 being under the family suite - I have just come to realize that in September in Alaska, there aren't likely to be little kids running around so that new suite is more likely to be occupied by adults. Hopefully.

I have found more pictures, 9578, the one I moved out of.

Contrary to what I keep reading here, it appears the hump cabins on deck 9 starboard side are NOT the same as the other D cabins. Check this out. There is not as much room at the foot of the bed, there are no shelves by the TV and look how the wall actually cuts into the room as far forward as the cabinets. :eek:

I know the GS above is oddly shaped and not as large with the corner of the room chopped off. Mariner is the same way on the ends of the hump. I'm really becoming disappointed with all the wrong or not quite accurate cabin information I seem to come across at cc. :(

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=22126063&postcount=1

Gina

Archived