Ebanks Watersports

angelcakes

We were in Grand Cayman in 2004 and toured with Nativeway--the people who ran it (owned it?) were named Ebanks. I wonder if this is the same. Sharon (wife) is the manager and Clint (husband) was our tour guide.

We're going back next March after seeing the Panama Canal; I'm looking forward to it.

Actually, I wondered the same thing. I asked Sharon of Nativeway by email if she owned Ebanks, and this is the email I got back today:

No, we do not own Ebanks Watersports.

Good luck to you.

Sharon Ebanks

We used Ebanks just recently, about a month ago. Shawn, the owner was great to deal with before we got there and he ended up taking us on our tour. We went on the double waverunners out to two different snorkeling spots. We skipped the sting rays because we were seeing them in Belize.

There was only my husband and I and one other couple. I read a lot of reviews on these boards and they are a very reputable company. We had a great time with them, so don't hesitate.

Wanted to echo Jennifer's sediments. We just used Ebanks two weeks ago. We had Shawn take us out as well. We did the charter on his 21 foot Sea Ray. His took us to the reef, showed us a large eel. Then took us to the Stingrays when some other boats left and anchored at an area where we had the Rays to ourselves. Shawn seemed to enjoy the time as much as we did. The cost for four on a private charter was $400 for 3 hours. I will use Ebanks again when we return in December.

We used his company back in May and had a great time. It was Shawn , my husband and myself. His father came along for fun. We rented jet ski's went to Sting Ray City-anchored away from the large boats and had lots of encounters with sting rays. We then went to the reef to snorkel. Shawn was informative of the area and very friendly-would use again.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Penny's Loafer (are you Penny or the loafer?), We have booked Shawn for the Sea Ray on Oct. 4th. Can you give more details of your experience? Did you just snorkle or did you go to a beach or tour the coastline? Was the boat comfortable? Would you do anything differently in the future? Thankyou, Loafer, or anyone else who would like to comment. Steve

• 2 months later...

We recently returned from our cruise and used Ebanks in Cayman for the Stingray City/Snorkel trip via jet ski. In one word - Fantastic!!

It was so wonderful to not be on a crowded ship, our guide was flexible and he took great care of us. Our guide took time to "catch" a sting ray and told us all about her. During the snorkel portion he pointed our lobsters, eels, and unique fish. On the way back, he asked us to stop where an amazing amount of starfish were. He dove down and brought some up for us to see, while telling all of us about them. We even had a chance to play a little with the jet skis.

This was totally worth every penny spent, and I highly recommend using Ebanks in Grand Cayman.

Enjoy your trip!

Archived