How often do you change clothes?

Good heavens! I can not imagine lugging all those shoes and changes of outfits for each day. My husband would KILL me and I could not handle it alone.

Do people really notice women's shoes that much? I can't say I pay the slightest bit of attention to anyone's shoes. I do notice sometimes how a women can barely walk because her shoes are so high or uncomfortable and wonder how they can manage and why they would want to !!!!!!

I'm on a cruise to relax and enjoy....I couldn't care less if my shoes are not perfectly coordinated with each outfit. And if anyone else cares about my shoes, that's their problem, not mine!

You have to understand that some women (and maybe men too) really enjoy their shoes. I personally have a terrible time getting shoes to fit, therefore removing any enjoyment I might get from buying lots of shoes. But for some it's not about the clothes, it's about the SHOES.

For me, personally, it's about the comfort. But mind you, "I loook Maavalous. It's not how you feel that matter's. It's how you loook. And I loook maavalous!" :D

I can see it now... Halo shows up to the airport, wearing 3 pairs of pants, 4 shirts and 5 pairs of socks... just so she has enough room for all of her shoes... :D

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. :p

(socks on a cruise?? :confused: I don't think so :eek: )

I am in agreement with the shoes for every occasion idea, and yes, women who love shoes DO indeed notice other shoes. Now, I will try to only take one pair of black sandals for the casual dinners, and one or two pair of flipflops (although I own dozens in ever color and style imaginble!) for the pool. And then there are the casual shoes for the outfits in port, and the ones for each dress for dinner....you get the idea. On our last cruise, one of my shoes (yes just one) to wear for dinner came out of my bag during embarkation, and I was crushed..they had it in Lost and Found. :) I will however take a pair of jean shorts and a denim skirt and wear more than once, usually just to walk around in before I go to bed.

Good heavens! I can not imagine lugging all those shoes and changes of outfits for each day. My husband would KILL me and I could not handle it alone.

Do people really notice women's shoes that much? I can't say I pay the slightest bit of attention to anyone's shoes. I do notice sometimes how a women can barely walk because her shoes are so high or uncomfortable and wonder how they can manage and why they would want to !!!!!!

I'm on a cruise to relax and enjoy....I couldn't care less if my shoes are not perfectly coordinated with each outfit. And if anyone else cares about my shoes, that's their problem, not mine!

Like I said, unless you are one of the obsessed, it's hard to understand :p

You don't have to care about shoes... you don't have to wear them for all I care... a statement was made that people won't notice the shoes... and as you can see, many people DO notice shoes! I am ALWAYS on the lookout for cute shoes!!! YOU don't have to... those of us with a little Amelda or Carrie in us, it's just part of who we are :p LOL

I also relax and enjoy... in cute shoes :D

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE JIMMY announced that the winner on the glory had 14 bags :eek: :eek:

for me :

board shorts and a tank top during the day.

slacks and a nice shirt for dinner. sport coat on formal night.

shorts and a nice shirt for prowling after dinner.

tevas and a pair of dress shoes .

clean undies and a hat.

I carried every thing I needed on the plane in one backpack.

I did'nt wear to many different outfits. I always take to many clothes and don't even use 1/2 of them. I change into running clothes, shower, change into shorts outfit, change again with my swimsuit on, shower and dress for dinner. After dinner, change one more time, something more comfortable, usually what I was wearing earlier in the day.

Ok, I will admit it. I look like Cleopatra headed "down the Nile" with all my luggage.

I can not stand the thought of "wanting a particular outfit" and not having it with me. And we won't even talk about the separate luggage just for shoes!

The number of times I change depends on the activites. When I awake and have my coffee and bagels (awaiting me since I use them as my wake up call), I head for a "walk on the track"...so work out clothes are required. I come back and shower and change into the outside for the day. I don't do the pool or the sun, so I don't change into a swimsuit. (If we are on a big enough ship that has the hottubs in the gym...I will go in there...so will require one change per day.) Then I freshen up and change for dinner in the proper "formal dining room" attire. I generally stay "dressed" the rest of the evening....but sometimes if I am doing karaoke and want to be really comfortable...I will change into jeans and my boots!

I guess the real question is, " How many times a day do you change your shoes on a cruise?" :p

Well lets see.

(1) Put on running shoes, or crosstrainers, go to gym to work out.

(2) Take off running shoes, put on rubber bath sandals to take shower

(3) Dry off feet, put on flip flops (more "formal" than the bath sandals)

(4) Wear either flip flops or go barefoot for rest of day until

(5) Put on nice pair of leather loafers for dinner, then after dinner

(6) change back to flip flops or go barefoot.

OH, look six changes of shoes too. Who'd a thunk it!!???

BnB

Ok, I will admit it. I look like Cleopatra headed "down the Nile" with all my luggage.

I can not stand the thought of "wanting a particular outfit" and not having it with me. And we won't even talk about the separate luggage just for shoes!

Cleopatra, lol:p I had a good amount of stuff I think.

I'm not a huge shoe person. I think I had about 7 pairs. I guess I was thinking one a day:p but it was two pairs of beach flip flops, one pair of clogs, one pair of sandles, two pairs of evening shoes for the formal nights, and one pair of tennis shoes

:) OK, I stand corrected ! Some people do notice other people's shoes.

And I probably need to pay more attention to mine! I always have a nice pedicure, so I guess I could showcase that in some nicer sandals!!!!!:D

Archived