Which one should we choose?

RNicole1

My husband and me are thinking of a cruise for our 2nd anniversary trip over Thanksgiving. First of all, is that a really crowded time for cruisers??? Second, we've narrowed it down to pick from 2 cruises. The Freedom which will be going to Puerto Rico, St Thomas, and St Marteen...or the Triumph which will be going to Half Moon Cay, St Thomas, Puerto Rico, and Grand Turk. We know the Freedom is newer, but the Triumph has more stops. Any advice to help choose??? THANKS!

My husband and me are thinking of a cruise for our 2nd anniversary trip over Thanksgiving. First of all, is that a really crowded time for cruisers??? Second, we've narrowed it down to pick from 2 cruises. The Freedom which will be going to Puerto Rico, St Thomas, and St Marteen...or the Triumph which will be going to Half Moon Cay, St Thomas, Puerto Rico, and Grand Turk. We know the Freedom is newer, but the Triumph has more stops. Any advice to help choose??? THANKS!

Although, the Freedom is new, I would go with the Triumph because of the 4 stops. With the Freedom, you arrive to P.R. around 5pm late for anything, most stores are closed but I think on the Triumph you might arrive at P.R. that morning.

Fred

If price isn't an issue, and I were choosing between those 2 ships, I would choose Freedom. Much newer ship, and although I have not sailed on either ship, I think the newer ships have more amenities to offer than the older, smaller ones like Triumph.

If, however, port days are what you enjoy the most, then I'm sure there is nothing wrong with the Triumph and you would have a fabulous cruise on her as well.

Whichever one you choose ~ ENJOY! :)

Thanksgiving is lots of families, meaning families with kids. We have sailed on thanksgiving for 13 yrs now, with our children. We sail on thanksgiving because we know our kids will have tons of other kids to have fun with.

If it were me choosing between those 2 ships, I'd pick the freedom simply because it's fairly new.

However, the port choices on the triumph look pretty nice. All depends on what your thing is, do you like sea days or port days? We like both, but sea days usually win out over port days. But that's because we've been to nearly all the ports ;) But we really like st martin, so I freedom would edge out for us becaue it's newer, it stops at st martin and has more sea days.

But I have heard nice things about half moon cay. I've never sailed on the triumph, but a few people I know did and they enjoyed the cruise.

Maybe just toss a coin? :)

I would choose the Triumph......for the itinerary:)

Me too... I'm more in it for the port stops than the days at sea. And I'm sure ship wise you couldn't go wrong either way, so the extra port would be the deciding factor for me.

Expect a lot of kids. We've cruised at Thanksgiving with our kids, too. If you want fewer kids, think about adjusting the dates a bit to when schools are in session. Rates will be less, too.

I would take the ship where I could get the best cabin for the money. More ports does not equal a better cruise for us. We like sea days. Why be on a ship if you really just want to get to land? (that's rhetorical) Your focus is on a romantic get-away, so go for a balcony if you can.

Archived