Changed stateroom - good idea?

Hi...I had originally booked a grand suite, #8508, on the Grandeur for a 5-night cruise to Bermuda in 2005 for DH and myself.

All of the grand suites on the Grandeur are at the bow of the ship. I've recently read many threads explaining how there's noise from the anchors, the Windjammer, etc. from the bow, particularly in the Grandeur grand suites.

Also, the only "perk" for a Grandeur grand suite is priority boarding. There is no conceirge service on this ship.

I've also read a million times how everyone loves the aft staterooms. I emailed cruisequick yesterday and changed from grand suite 8508 to jr. suite 7650, which is at the very aft and has only one "neighbor".

I'm excited about the switch and wanted to hear some opinions. The jr. suite will definitely be adequate room for the 2 of us, plus I saved $.

I've learned so much from these boards, I feel like a seasoned cruiser - lol!:)

Do you think I made a good move?

Thanks!

Just wanted to make a comment on your very small print. I've seen a few posts where the OP is using this small print and truthfully, I can barely read it. I even "graduated" to bifocals last year! 4_2_6.gif I'm not trying to start anything, just stating my opinion. 4_1_4.gif

Enjoy your aft cabin! 4_16_1.gif

Just wanted to make a comment on your very small print. I've seen a few posts where the OP is using this small print and truthfully, I can barely read it. I even "graduated" to bifocals last year! 4_2_6.gif I'm not trying to start anything, just stating my opinion. 4_1_4.gif

Enjoy your aft cabin! 4_16_1.gif

Sorry...don't know where that font came from! I always use this one. Hmmmm.

You'll love the aft cabin & as you said without a Conceige lounge there aren't any real perks to a GS.

I really don't know where the priorty "boarding" thought comes in, priority Check In yes, but once the ship starts boarding everybody gets on at the same time. Depending on when you arrive at port, sometimes the priority check in line is longer than the regular line.

Karen

You'll love the aft cabin & as you said without a Conceige lounge there aren't any real perks to a GS.

I really don't know where the priorty "boarding" thought comes in, priority Check In yes, but once the ship starts boarding everybody gets on at the same time. Depending on when you arrive at port, sometimes the priority check in line is longer than the regular line.

Karen

Hey, all I know is that I have an email from RCI that says I'd have "Priority Boarding" w/the GS on the Grandeur. The port is Baltimore.

Archived