Passport Office Lost Birth Certificate

Longin2cruise

A friend & I are supposed to go on Elation cruise Sept. 19th. In view of all the changing policies, she applied for her passport about 6 weeks ago just to be on the safe side. Last week while checking on the status of her passport, she found out that they had lost her birth certificate! How's that for efficiency? She had to get a certified copy & her mother had to sign some kind of affadavit that she was born here rather than on Mars. There was a very helpful lady at the passport window at the post office who helped her get through this mess & then overnighted the papers on to the passport office in Houston. Hopefully my friend will get her passport soon. As for me, I already have a passport, unless some beaurecrat decides to cancel it. Grrrrrrrr, I'm plenty irked right now.

IMHO, anyone thinking of getting a passport should try & do it ASAP to allow sufficient time for corrections of screw ups.

Archived