Brewery

ksjserv

Does anyone know if there is a brewery in Grand Cayman? We'd like to take a tour if there is one. That is, after we have a couple of Margaritas at Margaritaville...

I couldn't find out either, but we did try their lager. Might as well have been a Bud.

]Does anyone know if there is a brewery in Grand Cayman? We'd like to take a tour if there is one. That is, after we have a couple of Margaritas at Margaritaville

Stringray Brewery in just outside Georgetown-their phone # 345-947-6699.....

No longer called Stingray, it changed hands. Called Cayman Brewery or close to that.

Sorry-you are correct--I found the information on some stuff I received from the tourism in Grand Cayman---it's The C.I.Brewery Ltd. 366 Shamrock Road-Stringray Building,Red Rock Rd.

Tel-(345)947-6699 Georgetown Fax(345)947-6652

the ad says --"See how Beer is made-Enjoy a FREE sample of our Beers".(there was no email listed for them)

Hope this helps you out---let me know if you go there & how it was-BTW-when are u going ? Linda

• 4 weeks later...

Stingray Brewery operated for several years, but it was a small operation, and apparently plagued with quality control issues. Early in 2007, new investors took over, and the operation was renamed Cayman Island Brewery. A new fermentation & bottling plant was built on the old location, and in March 2007 they produced the first batch of their new product, Caybrew Lager.

For those of you who appreciate beer, it is a German-style lager with a faintly floral nose, a hoppy Saaz and malt palate and a good clean finish. It is a good beer for a hot day, the bitterness and clean finish make it a real thirst quencher.

DW and I visited the brewery the week after they opened, and we happened to be the first visitors. We met most of the staff, and while DW sat and waited (she's not a beer drinker) I was taken on a tour of the facility, and of course was offered very healthy samples of their product, both bottled and draught, even though it was only 9:30 am.:) Since I was their first visitor, they also tried to give me a case of 24 to take with me, but I didn't want to be lugging that from airport to airport on the way home, so settled for a three-pack.:rolleyes:

The taxi ride from the port was US$15 each way. Their website is www.caybrew.com

Cheers!

Archived