tuxedo, suit for 6 yr old?

anniebj90290

OK, for our last cruise I was able to find my son a great white tux -- new with tags-- for $1 on eBay! (Even with $5.95 shipping, it was a steal.) So he has obviously outgrown it and now there is NOTHING on eBay .........

I hate the idea of spending $40 in the store for something he'll wear once or twice. I checked out a few thrift stores, but that's so hit-or-miss (plus June is wedding season, so let's just say this isn't an original idea!)

Maybe cruisecritic.com could start a "formalwear for sale" board!!

I'm not sure where you live but here in the DFW area there are children's resale shops with children's clothes and toys only. When you went to thrift stores did you go to one of these type places?

Another idea would be Ross, TJ Maxx or online at Craigslist.

I purchased a brand new tux on ebay for my 5yr old back in Feb. $28 total including shipping. He was the ring bearer in a friends wedding, and we plan on bringing it on our cruise in July. When are you sailing?? I found that ebay changes so often (sometimes hourly) that the more I check it, the better I do. As far as local consignment shops (I live in CT) they may have slightly used tuxs' after the busy wedding season.

Archived