X-Stream Cave Tour (or other groups) questions

bbaileyfamily

Hello folks that have been to Belize. This will be our first time there at the end of October and we are looking very forward to it. While I'm a snorkel fanatic, I have bowed to the wishes of other folks in the group and we are going to try the cave tubing. With that in mind, here are some questions:

Has anybody done the cave tubing with X-Stream? If so, how were they? Can you recommend them?

And, if you have been, has anybody done their X-Stream Cave excursion where they take you a little further than the normal groups and give you another cave system (in their words)? The thought of another cave system in addition to what everybody else experiences sounds intriguing to me.

Would you recommend any other excursion groups for this activity? We very much do NOT want to go with the large herds that make up most of the cruise line type tours. We would prefer to go with highly recommended locals.

Any info and thoughts would be extremely appreciated!

many thanks, Brad

we've used X-stream twice, once for cave tubing and once for the cave tubing and zipline combo and both were excellent tours and I would highly recommend this company. Richard is a great guide and we had JP the second time and we was wonderful too.

Oh and yes, group was small both times, they did go past where the tours from our ship were getting into the river. And we love the t-shirts:-)

We did X-Stream cave tubing 3 years ago and had a great time. The group is limited (I want to say there were no more than 12 people), which was nice. When we got to the river, we noticed HUGE tour groups (I am assuming people who booked the excursions thru the ship) and there was not enough supervision in my opinion. I saw were many younger children and a lot of elderly people in these huge groups, and felt that it wasn't the safest thing to have a group of 30-40 people floating down a river with only 1 tour guide! Anyone, this was not the case with X-Stream. The only thing I was wondering is if lunch was still an option on their tour. We had the option to purcahse lunch when we did it 3 yrs ago, but the website does not mention that anymore. If anyone knows the answer, please let me know. We will be cruising in November on NCL Sun.

:o Just to give you my two cents worth,

we were in Belize June 14th while cruising on the Valor,

Months earlier I had scheduled a tour with another company called ********* Adventures Belize. They were awesome. Tom Jr. was waiting for us at the port, then we left with Joe the driver which took us to the caves, it was a small group just our family, so its very personalized, my mother-in-law doesn't know how to swim and the guide, Kasal, never left his side. He was the best, he was informative yet fun, and you can't beat their tour prices, tours tend to get expensive for large families, but they offer the best prices, and I really looked around, and they respond immediately, if you want any info contact them at *****

If you are a snorel fanatic, it's too bad you won't be snorkeling in Belize. They have one of the largest and most beautiful barrier reefs in the world.

That said, I did X-stream for the tubing/zip-line combo and it was great. It also seemed the the cavetubing dot com group was having a really nice tour--probably nicer than the X-stream tour I was on. I would probably do that one if you don't want to do the zip-lining (cavetubing dot com doesn't offer zip lines).

I dont understand why they ****************** my response out.

I was responding to someone asking for info on xstream cave tour (OR OTHER GROUPS) and It was on these same boards I found the websites to all the cave tubing companies in Belize that I researched, and all of my other stops as well. cave tubing (dot) net,

If you are a snorel fanatic, it's too bad you won't be snorkeling in Belize.......QUOTE]

Man, I've been agonizing over your thought you mentioned. I KNOW Belize is supposed to be great for snorkeling. I am now in the process of convincing myself that I need to do a trip out to Caye Caulker for snorkeling and let the other people in our group do the cave tubing.

Thanks for the impetus for change!

If you are a snorel fanatic, it's too bad you won't be snorkeling in Belize.......QUOTE]

Man, I've been agonizing over your thought you mentioned. I KNOW Belize is supposed to be great for snorkeling. I am now in the process of convincing myself that I need to do a trip out to Caye Caulker for snorkeling and let the other people in our group do the cave tubing.

Thanks for the impetus for change!

We were kicking ourselves that went cave tubing instead of snorkeling or scuba in belize. We did not enjoy the cave tubing experience at all!!!

:) We LOVED the cave tubing. However, make sure that you book the excursion yourself through X-Treme and don't go through the ship. You will go through an extra cave and have more time in the water with your small group if you contact X-Treme. It was probably one of the best activities that we have ever done! :D There is a little walking involved at the beginning. It rained a little while we were in the water. That was really neat!

Gary

We also loved X-Stream. JP was our guide. Air conditioned van. We learned alot about Belize and the rainforest. He was very respectful of the surroundings. We had a group of 12. Did 2 caves with the optional 15 foot jump into the water which the kids (16&13) and I (44) loved. There was no lunch but they had a huge cooler full of fresh fruit and bottled water. Have a great time in either excursion

Archived