What's so good about the humps?

KAWS

I had 9580 on the Brilliance for my Panama cruise and thought it was a very nice cabin. The balcony was a tad larger than a normal D1 balcony and it was convenient being right outside the library but I thought the convenience for getting around was way over rated. You are either in the front of the ship at venues or the rear of the ship. So for the walking aspect it was no different to me. But I like to walk and take the steps so...:D

If you do a search for hump cabins, or a specific room number, you'll quickly see why people like them. I'm booked in 7108, an E1 balcony room, on the Radiance for January. See the photo below. We're bringin our infant son and plan to use the large, shaded balcony for his blowup pool/tub and as a retreat for hubby and I when baby's napping. :)

hump.jpg

location...Location...LOCATION!!! :)

Our last cruise was an aft balcony (9390 / Voyageur of the Seas), and it was totally perfect for us *BECAUSE* it was so far away from everything else. We had no human traffic, no noise above or below, it was a huge large balcony with room enough for lounge chairs...

Now, a cruise without the aft cabin is better then no cruise at all, but if given a choice...well, that's an easy choice for us.

Michael & Silke

Hi Michael & Silke,

I agree with you about afts. We had one on Celebrity Summit and it was great! I loved it!! This is DH's special birthday cruise and he like to see WHERE we are going so he gets the choice. There is actually an aft available, but aft is out this time around. Our choice is between the mid-hump or a larger balcony at the beginning of the hump. Looks like there's a lot of humping going on in this thread! :)

Will be on the Rhapsody in Sept 07 then on to the Voyager in Jan 08.. will have a hump cabin on deck 10 in Jan... will find out for myself it is worth it...

We bought into this cruise about 6 months ago and got a great deal the prices have steadly gone up since then... we have saved over 600 dollars since we bought in so early...

Looking forward to cruise number 15 and 16....

:eek:

This thread has got me thinking about humping!

My DH is a very light sleeper - so would the humps on the Radiance Class ships be noisy? We found on Jewel that there was a LOT of noise coming up through the Centrum at night when they had live bands etc. and were grateful that we were down the hall a little ways.

We are booked for Panama and I would consider asking for a hump if the noise wouldn't end me up in divorce court!

Thanks for any advice!

Dot

This thread has got me thinking about humping!

My DH is a very light sleeper - so would the humps on the Radiance Class ships be noisy? We found on Jewel that there was a LOT of noise coming up through the Centrum at night when they had live bands etc. and were grateful that we were down the hall a little ways.

We are booked for Panama and I would consider asking for a hump if the noise wouldn't end me up in divorce court!

Thanks for any advice!

Dot

My cabin on Brilliance was 9580 and I heard all the stuff going on in the Centrum...but it was usually quiet by 11pm. It didn't bother us too much but you can hear it. Our neighbors were behind the wall and they said they couldn't hear anything I will definitely get a hump again but I will try for one behind the wall next time. Right now we are trying aft in our Jan cruise!

I am usually on another board. What is a hump cabin????

These are the cabins located on the bulge of the newer RCI ships. They are considered desirable because a) they are close to the elevators and b) they can sometimes be bigger than a cabin along the straight portion of the ship as the outer walls curve (including the balcony.)

We have an aft on NOS this December and book a hump on Marnier in 08 dead center. I do not believe our balcony is any bigger but the cabin is centrally located and it is going to be great to looking forward and back from the balcony especially with 3 sea days. We are looking forward to both since we never had an aft or hump cabin before.

Just off the Explorer from a B to B in center JS on deck 9 9618. I did not see any difference from that cabin compared to our JS on 10 we usually book. You still have to walk down the hallway a bit to get to elevator/stairs just like we do on 10 close to the Royal Suite. Balcony seemed the same size to us. We could hear the grand piano above us from the Royal Suite which was fine but we could hear more noise from the hallway which we do not hear on 10 and I think its because the JS on the hump has a shorter angled entry hall so there is less buffer between the bed and the hallway. It didn't bother us at all but it may some people who are sensitive to noise. It was a nice cabin but we prefer 10 only because it's one flight up to the pool instead of 2 :D I would say the big plus is the location but anywhere near the hump or forward set of elevators/stairs would have the same advantage. :)

These are the cabins located on the bulge of the newer RCI ships. They are considered desirable because a) they are close to the elevators and b) they can sometimes be bigger than a cabin along the straight portion of the ship as the outer walls curve (including the balcony.)

Thanks so much!

My cabin on Brilliance was 9580 and I heard all the stuff going on in the Centrum...but it was usually quiet by 11pm. It didn't bother us too much but you can hear it. Our neighbors were behind the wall and they said they couldn't hear anything I will definitely get a hump again but I will try for one behind the wall next time. Right now we are trying aft in our Jan cruise!

Thanks for your reply Cam6959. When you say 'behind the wall' did you mean 9584 on Brilliance? Were the cabins & balconies in that area any larger. I was thinking for Panama the view from there might be spectacular! But probably too late to request one anyway?

Thanks,

Dot

Thanks for your reply Cam6959. When you say 'behind the wall' did you mean 9584 on Brilliance? Were the cabins & balconies in that area any larger. I was thinking for Panama the view from there might be spectacular! But probably too late to request one anyway?

Thanks,

Dot

Yes 9582 and 9584. Balconies are a bit larger than the normal balcony room but not as big as a JR Suite. The view is the best if you go right up front of the ship. The ship is so big in the canal that it looses its impact from a side balcony. Its nice but the BEST view is from the front of the ship. We stayed at our cabin and watched because we were doing the ferry to the other side. Now that was something! Enjoy your trip to the canal so very worth it!

We usually get aft cabins, but for our Liberty cruise, there were none available, so I booked us in a hump cabin, 9640. Loved it. So close to everything & great views. Here's a couple pics while we were leaving Miami.

Looking foward.

61l8tmu.jpg

Looking aft.

678lbf9.jpg

We've always booked full aft cabins and now we're looking at a possible RCL cruise for March 09 (either Adventure or Serenade). I see that one of these ships has both a full aft and a hump cabin available. I know what's great about an aft, but what about the hump? Can anyone help me out with some info?

The hump is the most convenient location, especially deck 10 or nine. Just a hop upstairs to the pool deck, Windjammer, etc. We were never bothered by noise from elevators or hallway. Have 3 more booked on the Hump. :)

I personally prefer not to be below the pool deck. We once took a cruise over Thanksgiving and the ship was loaded with kids (approx. 800). All day and surprisingly all night, all we heard were tiny feet running above. :eek: I think the biggest lesson learned on that cruise was NEVER to take a holiday cruise again. Too many people. Especially since 1 mont previous I had the entire Splendour to myself. :cool:

Archived