Is there a shuttle from Seattle hotels to Pier 66?

Akkadian01

I am looking for a hotel right now for my one night pre- next month in Seattle. A huge factor I am basing my Hotel selection is the distance to the pier and if they provide a shuttle. Has anyone found or stayed at a hotel that you can get a shuttle to the pier? Would choosing a hotel the cruise line uses for there guest help? I know they will already be providing transfers for there guest maybe I can tag along also if I pay.

I am looking for a hotel right now for my one night pre- next month in Seattle. A huge factor I am basing my Hotel selection is the distance to the pier and if they provide a shuttle. Has anyone found or stayed at a hotel that you can get a shuttle to the pier? Would choosing a hotel the cruise line uses for there guest help? I know they will already be providing transfers for there guest maybe I can tag along also if I pay.

Generally speaking, hotels in Seattle do not provide a shuttle service to the cruise pier(s), unless you get what is typically called a cruise package that includes a transfer to the pier (30 or 66). Since you will be paying for the ride as a part of the package, I personally do not find it a meaningful difference to choose a particular hotel - I mean, you can get a cab all the same. Some hotels do have a regular shuttle service free of charge, not to the cruise pier specifically, but to the waterfront, among other places. In such case, you could ask the driver to let you off at the pier (s/he may or may not agree to do it, though). I have not been there for a couple of years, but Comfort Suites on Roy Street used to provide that kind of free shuttle. Call hotels around to see whether they have regular shuttles going out to the waterfront.

Just made reservations at the Silver Cloud - Lake Union. I'm told they have a shuttle to various downtown spots that leaves every 1/2 hour and that guests going on a cruise can reserve it to the pier on the morning of their departure. Doesn't seem to be a difference in price whether you don't use the shuttle at all, use it to the regular stops, or use it to the pier - just that you have to make reservations for that trip.

Hope this helps.

If you are planning to stay in a hotel in the DT area of Seattle, the cost of taking a cab to either Pier 66 or Terminal (Pier) 30 will be small ($10 or maybe less).

I would suggest that you would save more money finding a hotel that includes a nice breakfast as part of it's services / perks. Eating out for breakfast would cost you more than a cab ride to the cruise ship.

Mary

Archived