Help with Kauai

knsky

Hi All:

Just joined the board and all you guys are great! :) Sailing POH on Oct. 8 and have some questions/appreciate some help...

In Kauai - Will it be too ambitous to do Wailua Falls, Fern Grotto and Waimea Canyon on our own and still make it back to the ship LUAU excursion??

Has anyone recently done the NCL Luau?? If yes, how was it? DH does not want to drive because he plans to have a grand old time.;)

Have a good day.

Im doing both on POA and doing both thru the ship. We leave at 8am and get back at 4:15. We leave for the luau at 4:45..so thats cutting it close,but the ship booked it. I would think you could probably do it faster on your own and not have any trouble ...Dot

It does sound a bit ambitious to me. I would do the Waimea Canyon and Luau on same day then visit the Wailua Falls and Fern Grotto the morning prior to departing.

It's a vacation afterall and to cut things close like that seems exhausting.

This is also contingent on renting a car (best option to see Kauai, IMO).

Have fun!

Good Morning:

Greetings from the Big Apple.

Thank You both for your advice. We were planning on renting a car for the first day. We may now just keep it until the next day.

Dot: I look forward to hearing how your trip goes! Have a wonderful and safe trip.

Archived