best way to get to Second Beach from Westin Bayshore?

Greetings.

My wife, 5 year old daughter, and I will be arriving into Vancouver next week. I have a good map of Stanley Park that I was able to print from the internet.

My question is, what is the best route to take to get to Second Beach from the Westin Bayshore? By looking at the map, it appears the best route may be to take the Stanley Park Causeway up, then make a left at the end. Are there good signs that will direct me in the correct way?

Another question is, besides Second Beach, and the Aquarium, what other places might my daughter enjoy seeing in Stanley Park?

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Actually it's not all that far to walk from the Bayshore you can go under the causeway...

But the parks roads are one way and the causeway almost is a no go because of traffic. You can go up the causeway and turn off right and the cross over the causeway itself. BUT...

Normally You enter the park just past the Bayshore and the road goes around counter clockwise. You can cut across the Eastern part by using Pipeline Rd. but if you are using your own transportation you should "Do" the whole park. Pick up a parking pass from a machine and stop where you can. There is the Aquarium also which is a great stop for kids.

Also there is more than one beach. But I got to tell you if it doesn't warm up a little for you by next week it ain't going to be fun. :) Mind you today wasn't too bad. We seem to be getting a warm day once a week but not on the weekends.

Greetings.

My wife, 5 year old daughter, and I will be arriving into Vancouver next week. I have a good map of Stanley Park that I was able to print from the internet.

My question is, what is the best route to take to get to Second Beach from the Westin Bayshore? By looking at the map, it appears the best route may be to take the Stanley Park Causeway up, then make a left at the end. Are there good signs that will direct me in the correct way?

Another question is, besides Second Beach, and the Aquarium, what other places might my daughter enjoy seeing in Stanley Park?

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated!

If the weather is nice, your daughter might enjoy the water park at Lumberman's Arch.

BTW, you can't make a left off the Stanley Park causeway. Once you're on it heading north, you go straight over the Lions Gate Bridge. Otherwise, if driving, you'll need to turn right and as Leftcoast mentioned, counter-clockwise all the way around the park. If you do this, you can make stops at the Aquarium, the totem poles, Lumberman's Arch, etc. all the way around to Second Beach. It's a much more scenic route than trying to cut across, IMO.

With a five year-old, I can understand why you'd like a car. It's a very pleasant walk, but it depends on how good your daughter is with lots of walking. Another thought might be to walk one direction, then catch a taxi back from English Bay (short distance from Second Beach).

_

besides the aquarium & the various beaches there are several great kids playgrounds around stanley park. There is also a fun horse drawn carriage... it's been a stanley park tradition forever http://www.stanleyparktours.com/

imho..my kids were always pretty tired after a day at the aquarium + the playgrounds at that age.

if you do rent a car (& I would...otherwise it's a lot of walking) there are also some great beaches on the south side of English Bay (Kits beach, Jericho beach )

If she still has tons of energy - the capilano suspension bridge + treetops on the north shore are great fun for kids...my kids loved it at that age (and still love it as teenagers) ( http://www.capbridge.com/ )

Grouse mountain is great too, - the gondola to the top & views are amazing (as long as it's not a day with low hanging clouds)

have fun! I hope the weather of today comes back for you next week - sunny & fairly warm.

Archived