Cruising with friends and cabin assignments

This is our 1st cruise with friends and only our 2nd cruise in all. All 3 couples have received their cabin assignments. We are farther away from each other than I thought we would be. We are on the same deck but several cabins apart. Is it unrealistic to expect our cabins to be closer? We booked directly with Carnival and our travel agent knows we want to be assigned cabins close together. Having never cruises with others I don't know if these request are normally granted. Thanks for any insight!!

Lori

If you did not pay to choose specific cabins and chose to get a gty then the cruise line gets to choose your cabin, anywhere they wish in the catagory you choose. But you can link your reservations so at least you will be able to dine together.This is one reason why some people, myself included pays a little more to get what I want, instead of leaving it up to the cruiseline gods. Have a great trip.

Unless you were planning to spend time in each others cabins, the distance does not matter. When I went on a cruise with family, our cabins were all on the same floor. We would either meet at the elevators or our favorite lounge. It was nice to know where they were, but if we wanted to "get away" for a while, we had that option too! Enjoy your cruise!

My DH and I are first time cruisers, cruising with 2 other couples also. We have a wonderful PVP who linked our reservations together. We were origianally booked as a GTY because we all booked at different times. Our PVP advised us to let him assign our cabins to ensure we are all in a row, and guess what we are. Talk to your PVP and tell him what you want and you should have no problems getting rooms together if there are rooms together available. Happy Cruising!!

On my last cruise we had relatives with us from England. When I picked my cabin there were cabins on either side available. Since they wanted to book their trip themselves from their end, my PVP told me to give them my booking number. They gave that to their travel agent and were in the cabin next door.

Unless you were planning to spend time in each others cabins, the distance does not matter. When I went on a cruise with family, our cabins were all on the same floor. We would either meet at the elevators or our favorite lounge. It was nice to know where they were, but if we wanted to "get away" for a while, we had that option too! Enjoy your cruise!

Septemberbride... I totally agree with you. We've cruised with friends and rarely met them at their cabin. We just telephoned each other's cabin and made arrangements to meet here or there at a certain time. Actually, it's much easier that way for us. We have an upcoming cruise with 4 different couples booked. Our cabins are scattered about the ship but our reservations are linked for dining room seating.

We've been on cruises with a decent size group (8 cabins) and also with just one other couple. Both times, our cabins were separated by considerable distance. I agree as mentioned before, it never really mattered. Everyone went back to their cabins to change clothes, shower, whatever, then we just set a meeting place... "Meet you at the sushi bar at 5:30." (great pre-dinner appetizer!) Never a problem. You can dial straight to their cabin on the phone also if needed.

We never spent any time in each others' cabins, so it never mattered.

For January 2008 we booked a string of balconies in a row for another family cruise. The plan is to have the balcony dividers open between the cabins. We'll see how that goes. I like the privacy of the balcony.

Archived