Balcony Dividers on Port Days

JerryK13

We sailed on the Conquest in June and asked for balcony divider between our two rooms to be open and were told it was only allowed on Port Days. So starting Wed morning they opened it as promised and left it open for the next 3 days. They closed it again after leaving the 3rd port for the trip back to Galveston.

When I asked the info desk about why it could only be open on port days, they shrugged and said it was orders from the Bridge. Can't argue with "Orders from the Bridge" so I let it go. But I'd really like to know the real reason it could only be open for those 3 days.

:confused:

Anyone here know?

Not definitive as I heard it from another passenger, but I had heard that during "sea days" that sometimes if they are not secured well or the vibrations vibrate the latches up, the wind can catch them and swing the dividers and cause damage. In the "open" position, they are not secured nearly as well as in the closed position.

Hence anytime the ship is moving, they must be secured in the "closed" position. Don't know if it is true or not.

Just got off the Conquest, 06-17, and we were allowed to keep dividers open until Thursday. We had 5 balcony rooms in a row, which made for a very nice balcony. The room steward told us on Thursday, he had orders to close all the dividers.

Archived