Majesty Questions: Kids splash pool etc...

First cruise on NCL Majesty and I have a few questions for my kids.

Does the childrens splash pool on the Majesty Norway Deck have a water slide? (One photo I found online shows a pink slide and one I saw does not.) Here's hoping! :)

On PORT days, do you have to PAY for child care? Or is it free like the sea days? (Port days were free on my last cruise/different line.) This wasnt clear to me in the FAQ section. From 10pm to 1am was definatly identified as "pay" extra per hour. Sea days from 9a-12n, 2-4p and 7-10p was clearly identified as "free" child care.

How is the kids korner/childrens progrm? Did they have a different "theme" each night, pirates, PJ party etc???If your kids participated, did the kids enjoy themselves?

THANKS FOR ANY INPUT!

It is appreciated!

Can't speak for the water slide on the Majesty, but the child care during shore days is pay. Per hour, per child fee. The children also have to be potty trained for both pay and regular. If the child is not potty trained, then they will give you a beeper and page you when child needs changed. The beepers do not work off ship, so parents with children not potty trained cannot take advantage of port day babysitting.

Hope this helps.

Never been on Majesty so I can't answer all the questios, but port day sitting is $5.00/1st child per hour and $2.50 for each child after that. So 2 kids would be $7.50 an hour. Keystone was right you will get a beeper if your kids are not potty trained. I hve never left my boys on the ship while we left. I would be too nervous. Just me. I usually ask for a beeper for my boys just in case they want to be by us. We always take advantage of the 7-10 pm kids club on the ship. They have a blast, but we have never been on the Majesty, but how different can they be? Have a fun cruise!!!!!

We were on the Majesty, Boston to Bermuda, summers 2004 and 2005. When the ship was in port, it was kids sitting for the fee described above. There was no charge for the 7-10pm when in port or at sea.

The small kids pool on the back of the ship was not in use for either the 2004 or the 2005 cruises we were on. That area was closed off for crew/staff.

There are 2 main pools on the Majesty. One was adult only and the other, the larger one was open to all.

Enjoy your cruise on the Majesty.

Thanks everyone for your help. The babysitting/kids club makes more sense to me now.

The kiddie water slide is still a mystery to me with the kids pool/Norway Deck. On the NCL Majesty web site I found the following two photos. (Hope they post ok).

WOULD they put a picture up on the Majesty's page for something NOT available on that ship?

1. No visable water slide.

Sun.KidsPool%202.jpg

2. Definately a small kids slide in the "roll over" pop up photo on the Deck diagram. (Cant seem to copy/paste the photo.)

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/fleet/deckplan.html?shipCode=MAJESTY

Just "roll over" the kids pool with your mouse to see the pink water slide photo.

"Just like its name, The Children's Splash Pool is just right for pint-size splashing and playing. The pool also features slides and a paddling pool. Parental supervision a must."

SOUNDS Like there is supposed to be a kids waterslide. Yet no one has seen it that has actually been on the ship. I will keep asking. Me thinks we have a mystery! :)

I followed your link and looked at the picture....I hate to tell you this, but that picture of the supposed Majesty slide, looks an awful lot like the Kids pool slide on the Dawn or Star.

My guess is there is no slide on the kids pool on the Majesty. There was no slide to the kids pool on the POA, which is slightly larger than the Majesty.

WOULD they put a picture up on the Majesty's page for something NOT available on that ship?

It's NCL Corporate.....you better believe they would!!!! Whatever it takes to hook you and book you and then they will jsut say "sorry, we just took the slide out for safety reasons...."

Ok, you really have me questioning it now. Especially, as NCL specifically says in the text the kids pool on the Majesty has SLIDES (plural) and I sure as heck dont see them.

Im going to post my NCL web site picture and link in a new thread to see if I can get more info on the vanishing water slide. The plot thinckens....:)

I've noticed before that pictures don't always match up for amenities on a ship. The Video Zone picture wasn't right when I looked at the Majesty. And I think it might have been the Internet Cafe picture that was from another ship. NCL might use stock photos when they don't have current ones. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying that might be what's happening. :)

The kid's pool on the Majesty is tiny. I really don't remember a water slide anywhere on that ship. :o

Archived